Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MS One Note 2010 support from QTP 11.0
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Wow! I'm so glad and grateful!

You have been incredibly patient while the utility did its job. And the number of pages and hours it took just shocked me.

Now, what you thought was perfectly right. It should have exported just those pages that your application printed seconds before the utility was invoked.

To ascertain why that did not happen, we first need to know what date was passed to the utility.

Did you, by any chance, manually update the value of the variable lastPrintedTime in the script for the action? It's supposed to remain CStr(Now). And the time should be captured exactly before the action for printing the pages is invoked.

This means that your "Printing Action" must be invoked in the next statement after the time is captured. Another important thing is that you should actually wait for the "Printing Action" to finish before proceeding. Did you notice if that's happening?

We'll need to examine the log. Where are you looking for the log file? If the config file I sent you is in the same folder as the utility, then the log will definitely be generated in the same folder. But, if the log file already exists, data will be appended in it. Can you send me the log file from that folder? Zip it if needed. In any case, can you capture the value of the expression inside oShell.Run? You don't have to wait for the whole thing to finish. Just put a breakpoint on line 25. Add a watch to the expression, copy the value and stop the script. I'm only interested in what was passed to the utility.

As for the huge amount of time it took, that happened only because of some date issue. Normally, it wouldn't take this long as I assume your application may not be printing these many pages. Right?

The message box that says "Was the PDF okay?" will always come when you manually close the pdf in the current scenario. This is so because the script doesn't know whether you have thoroughly looked at the pdf. When you close the pdf, then only the script proceeds asking you if it was okay. This is by design so nothing to worry here.

Going by the choice that you've indicated about what to do once the pdf is generated, we'll make this script completely "silent." No message boxes, nothing. It'll just create the pdf, examine it and update the results, all without you moving a finger. But, this requires that your machine has either Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional installed.

Can you check if this is so?

I'll enhance this script so it automatically examines the pdf for the presence of a "Success word" or a "Failure Word."

By jove, I'm very happy today!

Cheers,
Light.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MS One Note 2010 support from QTP 11.0 - by Light - 07-15-2011, 09:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP support for extjs applications adityasrinivasb 0 3,323 08-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Last Post: adityasrinivasb
  Does QTP support Adobe CQ and Microstrategy kamalteja 0 2,708 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Last Post: kamalteja
  QTP does not seem to support xhtml based java objects siva.kanukollu@yaho.com 0 2,676 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Last Post: siva.kanukollu@yaho.com
  Does QTP support Teleric and Dev-Xpress 3rd party tools, if yes how? Dharnish 0 2,240 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Dharnish
  QTP 11 support for firefox qtplearner88 3 4,934 07-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Last Post: vIns