Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MS One Note 2010 support from QTP 11.0
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi.

Thank you for the log file. I've gone through it and surprisingly, in it there is no evidence of it printing 2595 pages! From what I've seen, it's not even considering exporting as many as 2595 pages! Now, it's turning into a Forensic Research case. Tongue

Here are the details:

1. 1st Run (21st July 7:53:47):

a. The utility identified that no pages were printed by the application and exited with Error Code = -99.

Now, your script must have recorded the failure of this checkpoint with the message: "No pages were printed by the application."

Did you notice this in the Results window?

2. 2nd Run (21st July 7:55:11):

a. "Untitled Page" in Section4 of OneNote_RecycleBin of Personal notebook exported because it was newer (2011-07-21 10:25:15).

b. Created the final PDF file @ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\3\TempResults_1\PdfDocs\OneNote2.pdf

The log is absolutely normal and records the publishing of just one page, which was most likely the one printed by your application.

Did you notice the pdf opening in this case? Did it have more than one page in it?

3. 3rd Run (21st July 8:19:17):

a. "Untitled Page" in Section4 of OneNote_RecycleBin of Personal notebook exported because it was newer (2011-07-21 10:49:20).

b. Created the final PDF file @ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\3\TempResults_1\PdfDocs\OneNote2.pdf

Again, the log is very normal and records the publishing of just one page, which was most likely the one printed by your application.

Did Adobe Reader open this pdf with only one page for you?

In a nutshell, here are my observations:

1. It should have recorded failure of the checkpoint with the message: "No pages were printed by the application" for the first run.

2. It should have shown you a pdf with just one page in both the second and the third instances.

Now, we need to figure out where is the divide.

Prachi,

1. Can you go look at the path: C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp\3\TempResults_1\PdfDocs and locate OneNote2.pdf in there?

2. I understand that you're using the temporary results path so it may be overwriting everything inside with every run. Can you try using a more permanent path while running the script so we could examine those PDFs later?

3. How did you figure out that the pdf had 2595 pages?

4. Did the pdf that opens automatically have those many pages? Were there any blank pages?

5. How many times did the PDF open automatically?

6. Which instance showed you 2595 pages in the pdf? The first, the second or the third?

7. Never did you receive a SUCCESS result for the checkpoint? Did you ever get a FAILURE as indicated by the log for the first run?

8. Also, do you know how the pages landed up in Recycle bin?

9. The timestamps on the newer pages are around 2.5 hours in future in relation to when you're running the script. How is this possible! Do you have some idea? Are there different timezones in play?

Overall, looking at the log, I'm satisfied with the job the utility has done. I couldn't spot any aberration from what I was expecting from the executable. So, we need to figure out what happens incorrectly after the control leaves the executable or the way things are getting printed.

Can you please answer my questions above? Excuse me for firing a volley of questions. I'm just too curious.

Cheers,
Light.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MS One Note 2010 support from QTP 11.0 - by Light - 07-21-2011, 09:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP support for extjs applications adityasrinivasb 0 3,324 08-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Last Post: adityasrinivasb
  Does QTP support Adobe CQ and Microstrategy kamalteja 0 2,709 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Last Post: kamalteja
  QTP does not seem to support xhtml based java objects siva.kanukollu@yaho.com 0 2,676 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Last Post: siva.kanukollu@yaho.com
  Does QTP support Teleric and Dev-Xpress 3rd party tools, if yes how? Dharnish 0 2,240 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Dharnish
  QTP 11 support for firefox qtplearner88 3 4,934 07-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Last Post: vIns