Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MS One Note 2010 support from QTP 11.0
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi ,

I hope to go clean in this Forensic Research case Smile

This time it took longer for the script to finish ,almost 30-40 mins .

My response :
1. Can you go look at the path: C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp\3\TempResults_1\PdfDocs and locate OneNote2.pdf in there?

--.It gives error when I check for the path at run prompt:
C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp\3\TempResults_1\PdfDocs location is unavailable .
But When I search for OneNote2.pdf ,it shows me the PDF in above path.

2. I understand that you're using the temporary results path so it may be overwriting everything inside with every run. Can you try using a more permanent path while running the script so we could examine those PDFs later?
--I have saved the PDF @ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop\OneNoteAll . It's 9862 KB ,3781 pages .
Page count has increased as I had some other assignments for OneNote (these other tasks were done when the script wasn't running Smile )

3. How did you figure out that the pdf had 2595 pages?
--The PDF which gets generated after every run shows these many pages.
Today the page count was 3781 .
4. Did the pdf that opens automatically have those many pages? Were there any blank pages? --Yes, the automatically opened PDF had 2595 pages and yes the last 1000+ were blank.I think because of the memory issues it doesn't load.

5. How many times did the PDF open automatically? - single time per run .

6. Which instance showed you 2595 pages in the pdf? The first, the second or the third? -- last two. First was stopped in b/w due to an application error.

7. Never did you receive a SUCCESS result for the checkpoint? Did you ever get a FAILURE as indicated by the log for the first run?

I received a SUCCESS result for the checkpoint as Passed.
Details :The pages printed are fine and a pdf is available @ C:\DOCUME~1\pandeypr\LOCALS~1\Temp\3\TempResults_1\PdfDocs\OneNote2.pdf

8. Also, do you know how the pages landed up in Recycle bin? --
I moved the OneNote to recycle bin to have a fresh OneNote for the next print.So that it doesn't print 2595 pages but just a single one.But it didn't help. Also,at the top of OneNote there is a status message kind of thing which says:"content here is deleted after 60 days" .To restore right-click and move it out of recycle bin ."

9. The timestamps on the newer pages are around 2.5 hours in future in relation to when you're running the script. How is this possible! Do you have some idea? Are there different timezones in play?
--Yes,2.5 hours difference is because of different time zones .

Thanks,

Messages In This Thread
RE: MS One Note 2010 support from QTP 11.0 - by prachi.aug23 - 07-22-2011, 01:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP support for extjs applications adityasrinivasb 0 3,324 08-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Last Post: adityasrinivasb
  Does QTP support Adobe CQ and Microstrategy kamalteja 0 2,710 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Last Post: kamalteja
  QTP does not seem to support xhtml based java objects siva.kanukollu@yaho.com 0 2,676 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Last Post: siva.kanukollu@yaho.com
  Does QTP support Teleric and Dev-Xpress 3rd party tools, if yes how? Dharnish 0 2,241 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Dharnish
  QTP 11 support for firefox qtplearner88 3 4,934 07-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Last Post: vIns