Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MS One Note 2010 support from QTP 11.0
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi Prachi.

This afternoon, a thought struck me. Could it be that the single page that's correctly showing up in the log is itself that much big? This can happen if, with every print, OneNote is configured to add to the lone page in the same section and not create a new page in that section.

Fortunately, we can change this behavior. Can you follow the steps I've written below?

1. Open OneNote 2010 client in the machine where your app is printing things. This should be the same machine where we're doing all this exercise.
2. Manually navigate to the section where you want all printing to happen. For example, Section4. But, this shouldn't be in Recycle Bin.
3. Click on File -> Options available on the left-top corner.
4. From the navigation menu on your left hand side in the dialog box that opens, select "Send To OneNote"
5. Locate the option: "Print To OneNote" under "Other Content" in the lower part of the right frame.
6. From the dropdown beside it, select "To new page in current section"
7. Click "OK"
8. Close OneNote.

Now, what will happen is that everytime you print something to OneNote in this machine, it will create a new page in this section. This way, we'll get the pages printed last after the time we've mentioned. I hope modifying OneNote configuration doesn't contravene any of your application requirements.

This is how it's set up in my machine.

Also, I saw the log and realized that while trying to skip the pages resting in recycle bin I introduced a bug. Sad Sorry, my bad... I was able to reproduce the problem here and have fixed it. Attachment is below:

.zip   OneNote2PDF-RecycleBinBugFixed.zip (Size: 25.54 KB / Downloads: 82)

Try this and let me know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MS One Note 2010 support from QTP 11.0 - by Light - 07-26-2011, 08:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP support for extjs applications adityasrinivasb 0 3,324 08-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Last Post: adityasrinivasb
  Does QTP support Adobe CQ and Microstrategy kamalteja 0 2,710 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Last Post: kamalteja
  QTP does not seem to support xhtml based java objects siva.kanukollu@yaho.com 0 2,678 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Last Post: siva.kanukollu@yaho.com
  Does QTP support Teleric and Dev-Xpress 3rd party tools, if yes how? Dharnish 0 2,243 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Dharnish
  QTP 11 support for firefox qtplearner88 3 4,935 07-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Last Post: vIns