Perfecto Mobile has come up with a new version of its mobile automation tool. They are conducting a webinar on the latest in Mobile test automation & extension to QTP. Mentioned below is the agenda, summary of changes in the new version and free registration link.
This webinar focuses on and demonstrates The Mobile Cloud Product with its latest (v 5.1) enhancements
- Object Spy for enhanced mobile application automation
- Enhanced Web automation using new commands
- Introduction to Audio Injection feature
- iOS Test Automation Overview
Brief about the changes
Here are some of the salient enhancements of the new version-
Mobile Object Spy
The Mobile Object Spy is an Automation tool used to view detected objects retrieved from the device screen.
It also detects the object type (see below for the list of available types), and the functions associated with the object type.
- Mobile object spy is available for Web Objects
- Mobile object spy is available for Android and iOS (v5.1.1 OS and later) devices
- Mobile object spy is available in QTP 11 and UFT Mobile 11.5
- Native app objects will be added during Q2/2013
NEW Web Browser commands
Mobile Web browser commands have been added to the common functions sidebar. This useful tool enables users to quickly include a native web objects command to their
Enhanced iOS Support
This version includes a major enhancement to Perfecto Mobile’s application testing and monitoring solution for iOS devices. This enhancement enables full-featured remote iOS iPhone/iPad testing in the Perfecto MobileCloud. This is done without Jailbreaking your device or compiling any kind of external code with the app under test.
- Complete device control with digital video support (Native applications, Web-based services and pre-installed iOS applications; as well as, full springboard control)
- Interactive and Automation testing, as well as real-device monitoring support
- Fast time-to-market for iOS apps and services with maximum quality and device coverage
- 100% non-jailbreak approach
Webinar Date and Time
The webinar is scheduled for April 24, 2013. 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EDT
How to register?
You can reserve your Free Webinar seat now at Perfecto Mobile Webinar Registration Link
(Webinar has a limited capacity, so seats are available on first come first serve basis.)
My inbox and QTP Forums are being swamped nowadays due to people experiencing various problems during installation of UFT 11.5. The #1 reason for these issues has been corrupt downloads.
For various versions of QTP, the size of downloaded files is in the range of 2.5GB – 2.8GB. On a slower internet connection, this huge file size may result in corrupted downloads.
Here is quick method on how to verify the integrity of your downloaded QTP/UFT ISO(or a zip) file -
- Download and install this nice freeware called MD5 Check (Softpedia Link). Just choose the default options during installation. It’s lightweight and should install quickly.
- Browse to the location where you have stored the downloaded UFT ISO file. Continue reading →
As mentioned in one of our earlier posts, HP has released the latest version of QTP and named it Unified Functional Testing – UFT 11.5. The trial/licensed version of this software is available for download now.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to download and install UFT 11.5.
- Go to UFT 11.5 download location
- Click on ‘Trial software’ and then click on the link ‘HP Unified Functional Testing 11.50 CC English SW E-Media Evaluation’
- Fill in your personal details and click Next. Continue reading →
This is a guest post by Eran Kinsbruner. He is the Director of Product Marketing at Perfecto Mobile. He has specialized in software quality management for the last 12 years, leading various projects around mobile functional, automation and certification testing.
Perfecto Mobile is a global leading provider of cloud-based testing, automation and monitoring solutions for mobile applications and websites, utilizing a wide selection of REAL mobile devices accessible via the web. Its MobileCloud™ platform gives users access to hundreds and thousands of real devices on various platforms (iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Symbian etc.)
HP recently announced its official mobile test automation solution – UFT Mobile – jointly developed by HP and Perfecto Mobile. This solution allows users to naturally extend their existing HP Functional Testing and Application Lifecycle Management environment to mobile applications.
To address key challenges in testing mobile applications across multiple devices in a highly fragmented market, UFT Mobile leverages two specially designed capabilities with respect to object recognition and analysis. These features are known as Hybrid Object Support and Hybrid Test Automation (for closed operating systems like iOS). Continue reading →