Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatically login Why?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,
I have dialog box for userid and password,but i asked to use inputbox to get userid and password
[After click the login link it needs to show dialogbox and input boxes..i gave wait(40) ,but no use....],immediately,it goes to the result page,

Eventhough not having useris and password ,automatically my application goes to the result page. after cliclk the login link...I deleted the cookies(C drive and from IE) and I tried it but again it is automatically login.
How to stop this.
Any help?
Thank You
Uma
Hi Uma,

Try this.

choose under "Tools"(Internet Explorer)
Internet Options
Security
Internet
Custom Level: the User
Authentication
Logon choice must be set to "Prompt for user name and password", and not "Anonymous logon".

Regards,
Ravi
Hi Ravi,
I tried the followings,but still it is automatically login.
Thank you
Uma
Hi,

This is not a problem by our procedure, but is caused by a setting in Browser( internet explorer).Check if you could see the Login prompt when you Login manually if not, then Check if it is displayed in any other browsers(mozialla, chrome, etc) manually. If you could see the prompt, then it should definitely be a setting issue else its an application issue.

Regards,
Ravi
Hi Ravi,
I checked it with Firefox.[The very first time I am able to see login prompt and I gave userid and password and I logged out]
If I Login next time It is automatically Login.
I think it may relate to application issue.

Thank you
Uma
Hi,
Can you try the steps that ravi has explained previously in Local Intranet instead of Internet.

Regards,
Ram.
Hi Uma,
Can u plz include this and try? (it will close the browser by killing the process). I had a similar issue and i tried this and it started working fine for me.

Code:
SystemUtil.CloseProcessByName("iexplore.exe")
Hi VIns

It is working,but I have a doubt[Why the login prompt is related to browser]

Thank you
Uma
Hi Uma...gr8 to see that it is working...
See..it is related to browser session. even if u close the browser, the session is not killed. so, when u open next time, it did not ask for user id and password.
It happens when you invoke the browser thro script. If you do manually, this prob may not arise.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MyBB how can i automatically click ok button in msgbox popup test 11 24,016 07-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Last Post: akash warke
Exclamation Login & logout in Siebel and clicking pop-up button yuetling926 7 10,692 07-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Last Post: hhamilton
  Unable to Click on Login Button Paurav 1 3,154 07-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  for help.Run a test to login,and then it didn't jump to another page maosilu 0 2,581 11-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Last Post: maosilu
  Best method to test Login validation defcon3 2 3,446 05-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Last Post: defcon3