Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automation framework
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All,
Out project has around 1 Lakh manually test cases. Now to test those in QTP, we are creating Object Repositories by using recording or adding objects. then preparing QTP Script. with some effort we were able to build Object repository and successfully completed this phase.
But We will give new versions for every 1 week. so they are everytime testcases were chaning. again we are doing recording and creating Object Repositories. It is taking so much time and we were not able to complete it.

So what to do in this scenario?
Amazing !!! You have 1 lakh test cases and you say that every week you will get a new version ?? What is regression here ?? Does those 1 lakh ever count in the regression bed ??

In my view you first seggreate according to the modules which wont change much vs the modules which will change. You have to use automation as a means to reduce the regression effort and not as a means to replace manual.

If your application is going to change every week then use Descriptive programming. But remember, my suggestion is directly referncing your question and not the solution for the problem.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
If the change is happening at that frequency, probably your test cases are not a part of regression suite. Before diving into building scripts and coding, I would suggest you to have good plan in place.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Automation Framework dtandel 2 3,078 06-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Last Post: dtandel
  QTP automation framework shobhasr 1 5,882 03-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Last Post: sepgs2004
  Query:Automation Framework Rachna 4 3,644 03-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Rachna
  Any one has UI automation framework/design document senthilkumara 0 3,555 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Last Post: senthilkumara