Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I have output values stay after the test is done
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Can I have output values stay after the test is done?

Our software has two environments, #1 Production, #2 Development

We like to make sure the values on Development match the "known good" values on Production. I can manually run these "test cases" in production and put the known good values in the cells that the checkpoint looks in when it tests Development. This is a little time consuming so I thought I could run the test in Production and have it output the known good values to the datasheet. It does this perfectly but the values get cleared out once the test is complete and I cannot use them. What I want is to get them to stay even after the test is complete.

Any help would be appreciated
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

The QTP fills the datatable in runtime with all the values you've make it save. This datatable is nothing more than an excel file, which is saved in the result folder, inside the test folder:

..\YourTest\ResXXX\Report\Default.xls

If you open the corresponding excel file you'll find all the values that the test has been collecting while in runtime.

If this doesn't work, maybe you should change the way the values are saved in the datatable. A possibility is to have the "object" that has the property value you want, saved in you OR and save the property value directly to the datatable:
Code:
dataTable("cellName",yourSheet) = Browser("Browser").Page("Page").WebElement("yourElement").GetROProperty("yourPropertyValue")

This way you'll have that value saved for sure in the excel Default.xls in the result folder.

Hope this could help you.
Luth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Output Values error Tasleem 3 3,718 10-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Tasleem786
  Way to take values from datasheet and output Fairbanks 3 2,891 03-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Output value oracle form QAVA 2 3,545 11-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Last Post: QAVA
  Output to DataTable bgold01 2 2,986 05-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Last Post: bgold01
  Output Object Archens 1 2,513 03-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Archens