Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't see test window ??!
Not Solved
Boy do I feel dumb! This seems crazy, but earlier today my main test window in QTP (Keyword View/Expert View) was smaller than normal, with a blank area below. The icon that you usually see when on a boundary between windows that you can drag to change the size was visible but didn't do anything - dragging the boundary line didn't change the size of either window. While trying to find a way to close the blank area or make it smaller, somehow I made the blank space cover the whole page!, and now I can't see the test that is opened, or the start page at all! I've looked at/tried every view option and nothing works. including closing and reopening QTP, and even rebooting.

Now that "window boundary" icon is visible everywhere on my empty blue screen, but it doesn't do anything. I've I can view the windows that were not open when things disappeared, like the datatable and debug viewer, but when I try to "fix" them in one place I have the options for top, bottom and both sides but not the center.

I'm sure it must be an easy fix, but I'm at wits end trying to find it - does anyone have any ideas on what to do and/or what I did to cause this?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to call Java window and Power Builder Window in 1 Action sbkhbk 0 2,440 06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sbkhbk
  What is Window Test Object adityasrinivasb 0 2,006 10-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Last Post: adityasrinivasb
  qtp 11 not recording window within a window kp_usa 0 2,274 12-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Last Post: kp_usa
  QTP Opens a popup window but won't recognize the buttons in the window Blaster0007 4 7,639 07-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Last Post: sree.85
  Use QTP to test .net Window service planetonce 0 1,827 02-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Last Post: planetonce