Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we extend Flash Apps using WebExtensibility
Not Solved
Hi,

In my organization we use rich amount flex and flash components for development of RIA applications. The applications are built using Flex Builder (and contains code of Action Script 2 and 3 versions). Now we are in the process of automating those applications using QTP.

We can automate some part of application where it uses only Flex components. But our application uses some third party controls like Fusion charts and ExtJS components in the flash applications. At this point in time the Adobe add-in for QTP does not facilitate in recognizing the components. It just treats every object as 'WebElement' (QTP's generic detection) which does not allow me to script on specific object.

I came across the Web Extensibility feature provided by the QTP. It’s really awesome the way QTP has given flexibility to extend their current functionality. But it do does not serve my problem.

I tried few of the examples and successfully extended the capabilities of QTP to recognize some of the web toolkits components (I tried DOJO Progressbar control).

Few questions for me regarding QTP’s Support:

1)Will it be possible to extend functionality of QTP in recognizing the flash components apart from the custom web controls or is there any other way.

2)Are there any plug-ins (add-ins) from QTP to support those controls(Fusion Charts)

I will very much thankful to you if you can guide me in this aspect.

Thanks,
Venkat
Not Solved
There is nothing available yet on extensibilty for flash components. No idea about Fusion charts, better check with HP.

Not Solved
Hi Venkat,

I am also facing same issue with flash and flex objects , but i don't know how to work with that objects. as from your description you are automated some of the functionalities which were in flash & flex. Can you please help me out how to work with that objects.

I tried with QTP 11 also, But it is not supporting directly without any Add-in.
please let me know the process and add-in's which is required for the same.

Thanks in Advance.
Kamesh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  automate a website which has flash objects. rohithaithal 0 1,627 12-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Last Post: rohithaithal
  Automation Framework for Oracle Apps sachin.khot 1 2,287 08-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Last Post: sshukla12
  QTP Support for IKVM based apps rbofarull 3 2,756 04-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Last Post: akhi_s27
  Unable to identify Macromedia Flash web Application rameshrise3 0 3,534 03-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Last Post: rameshrise3
  QTP 10.0 - Automate Oracle Apps Request Set girishjimmu 0 3,398 01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: girishjimmu