Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we write the code during run time of QTP .
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi, I have just started my career in QTP, so need a small help. I am having 2 questions.
1)Is it possible to write the code when the QTP is running i.e. during run time.
2) Say my QTP ran an application upto few screens. Then now again say i got aproblem with my QTP code and i stopped the code and made the change. Now can i run the QTp scripts starting from the screen where it was ended.
Please adivce.
Hi...
That is possible using debugging..
if you take step into ..
line by line is executing..
at that time where you want you modify the code..
and from there onwords click on run from here....
due to this it runs now where you are...
Hi...
That is possible using debugging..
if you take step into ..
line by line is executing..
at that time where you want you modify the code..
and from there onwords click on run from here....
due to this it runs now where you are...
Hi,
If you are asking about the facility which we can use while running/debugging any Visual Studio application, where we can change the actual code while debugging, that's not possible in QTP.
In QTP while debugging we can only change the values of variables, but cann't change actual conditions that we wrote earlier. For changing any conditions in code, we have to stop debugging, then change the conditions & run/debug again.
This is completely Misleading. QTP runs in a read-only mode when a execution is happening. You can vary the variables during the debugger mode and enter commands to check what could have happened. However the actual CODE cannot be altered at any time.

Nandu - If you are not clear do not give out answers which will confuse the questioner.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Srinivasp,

Simply go the statement from where you want to run your script, right click and select 'Run From Step', This will enable you to run the scripts where you have stopped.

In QTP 9.5 and 10 , we can actually run in three modes i.e Run [Read Only], Maintenance Mode and Update mode.
where we can actually update the Object repository properties.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code to run all QTP scripts and see all results Pkapoor 11 16,864 08-15-2017, 02:58 AM
Last Post: Ravi
  QTP not recogonising object during run time Lavanya N 2 3,536 10-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Writing to Run time data table Neetha 5 11,663 08-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  QTP Takes Long time to Run prasaad44 4 4,644 04-10-2014, 01:53 AM
Last Post: prasaad44
  How to read and write in excel through QTP script shwetha_m 5 29,245 03-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032