Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot identify the Specified item
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi...

i am running QTP 11.0 30days trail version.
i captured desktop application (windows based).
it captured everything but when i tried to run the recorded script it displayed error message that "Cannot identify the specified item of the look in :object.Confirm that the specified item is included in the object collection" .

i get this error message each time when i try to browse or access anything which is saved on my local machine.
please help me out.Sad

Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Jyothi,

Could you elaborate your current requirement and paste the code you have tried.
Hi SreeKanth,

Thanks for replying.

Here is my whole code which i was trying to run.
Sometimes it got stuck up at line 2 or on line 12.
My requirement is that i want my script for different files saved at different location.i read about this on net & i found that i have to add Object in OR,i did that also.still it is not working.

Code:
Dialog("SQL Recovery").WinToolbar("ToolbarWindow32").Press 1
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("Open").WinListView("Look in:").Select "Test.mdf"
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("Open").WinButton("Open").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Recovery").WinButton("Close").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Recovery").WinButton("No").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery").WinToolbar("ToolbarWindow32").Press 4
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Server Recovery Export").WinEdit("Server Name :").Set "jyoti"
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Server Recovery Export").WinEdit("Database Name :").Set "Test1"
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Server Recovery Export").WinButton("Export/Save").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Server Recovery Export").Dialog("SQL Recovery").WinButton("Yes").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Server Recovery Export").Dialog("SQLRecovery").WinButton("OK").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Recovery").WinButton("Close").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Recovery").WinButton("Yes").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("Browse For Folder").WinTreeView("Please select a folder").Select "Desktop"
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("Browse For Folder").WinButton("OK").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Close
Dialog("SQL Recovery").Dialog("SQL Recovery").WinButton("Yes").Click
Dialog("SQL Recovery_2").Minimize
with this piece of statements, make sure you have "Test.mdf" is there in list view.
QTP is not able to find the item there in the list and so the error is there. if you requirement permits you can use index instead of values.

I am trying to automate gmail pages. When I try to click on contact button or click on any contacts, QTP fails to record these steps, I tried lower level logging and that failed as well. It does not even recognise any field on that contact for checkpoint validation. I tried using virtual object generator and added web add in, still no luck. What can I do next?

Thanks
i just recorded it in my gmail, it works fine
Code:
Browser("Gmail: Email from Google").Page("Gmail - Inbox").Link("Contacts").Click
Browser("Gmail: Email from Google").Page("Gmail - Contact List").WebCheckBox("c").Set "ON"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot identify the specified item Beginner 0 2,326 06-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Beginner
  WinListView set item command Shahino007 0 2,529 10-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Shahino007
  How to identify the properties of amenu item(not Weblist)oncethe menu tab is clicked? raval 1 2,608 10-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Last Post: jcraig26
  Get value of a List view item qtpbegin 4 13,758 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Deepak_QTP
  Creating ObjectRepository item through VBScript LogicaLInsanity 0 2,374 01-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Last Post: LogicaLInsanity