Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checkpoint problems: Checkpoint starts before web page is loaded & therefore fails!
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi

I have recently installed the trial version of QTP 10 and I am experiencing problems with the different checkpoints that you put in for the Mercury Tour Tutorials.

For example, The 2nd checkpoint that you put in for the tutorial, the one that checks images & links on the 'Booking page', this one fails for me every time saying that 4 images are missing.

Now for those who don't know this checkpoint is the first check to run one the 'Booking page'.

My take on is that the checkpoint starts before the page is fully loaded because when I run the actions in steps, so all previous actions up to the 'Booking page' and give the 'Booking Page' a chance to open up and then carry on from the 'Booking Page' then it passes!

Also if the checkpoint for links & images is moved down to be one of the last tasks to run for the 'Booking Page' then it passes everytime when the complete test is run.

I have also seen this with the later checkpoints that you insert using the data table to produce iterations, where you basically run the Mercury Tour website twice or more to make more than 1 booking in one go. This then sometime, I repeat sometimes fails for the checkpoint text on the 'Flight Confirmation page' which is the 1st task to run on that page and basically checks the departure city text. In my test I have 3 iterations so 4 bookings, and the results vary when the test is run repeatedly by me without making any changes ie. everything can pass, a few iterations can fail, only last one, all fail etc. And when looking at the picture for the fails in the results, the 'Confirmation Page' has always never finished loading.

So that's my theory, any ideas why this happening to me because I dont get it.

By the way IE 8 was used for the test.

Thanks
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
It is very intresting to me that QTP 10.0 & IE 8 have had a good working relation. I have always considered the fact of irregular behaviour between the two, predominantly towards IE8. Now that it works fine for you lets load the gun.

1. Have you tried to use the Wait statement before the checkpoint ? [ This isint advisable but you can use this to verify that it is a matter of "time" which is causing the issue ]

If it was a mere wait which is required to sync the application interface then you can look for a property on the browser/page which talks about being busy. Then you can form the logic as,

"Loop until the property achieves the busy state and end it after that or if it reaches a max of 30 iterations".

You will learn about it more if you spend sometime searching this forum. A thread was answered by me and then jsknight wrote further about it.[ thats a clue to start with...good luck buddy]
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems with Text color recognition Treirk 0 973 06-17-2019, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Treirk
  Click after CheckProperty to a WebElement passed via Function argument fails naruoga 0 1,024 02-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: naruoga
  text checkpoint properties error alp 0 1,051 11-24-2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: alp
  click each web link in a page using Index or other method in QTP smeijer 13 23,671 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: kowshik
Exclamation SAPGuiUtil.Autologon method fails liorde 2 5,554 10-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: liorde