Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom grids (ultimate) processing
Not Solved Sad 
Hi,

I'm trying to automate testing of C++ application using QTP.
There is critical problem I met - custom grids (ultimate grids) which are recognized by QTP as WinObject.

For example, when I'm clicking on some grid cell then QTP writes:
Code:
Window("app_name").Dialog("dialog_name").WinObject("AxxWnd50").Click 38,23

and I can not to get values from grid cells and write to them something...

Is there some possibility to resolve this problem?
For example write some plugin (like TestAdvantage for Infrognatiscs grids) to force QTP recognize the cells of custom grids and proceed with them.

Maybe there are some other convenient ways to resolve my problem...
Please help me!
Not Solved
Vesa -
Yes there are. Winobjects are the custom object recoginition by QTP. You can work with them by using the .object method if you know what are the custom objects and their behaviour.

For eg : On the dialog you mention it as a winobject...what is this object ?? is it a tab, checkbox?? if we consider it as a tab then we can try something like this,

Code:
a=Window("app_name").Dialog("dialog_name").WinObject("AxxWnd50").Object.Item(1).Text

If you want to work with custom objects then you will need to drill it further down to extract the information.

I can help you if you can provide the information about the object. remember SPY is the only one which is the key and vital part of identifying a custom object.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Unfortunately, Object method doesn't work for win32 (as I understood after reading of many QTP forums).
When I use .Object for grid QTP says that this method does't work for this object.
So this way is not applicable.

Thanks for your help!
Not Solved
Did you to try to virtualize the object ?? There got to be a method...Look into the spy...it will lead you through.

On the sidebar, visit www.advancedqtp.com & search for a topic called "automating custom sandribbon controls".

Unfortunately they are .Net controls, however i feel some lead is a good lead.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to set value to custom property ? Ranu 0 1,946 11-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Last Post: Ranu
  Custom CheckPoint rajrkodeep 0 3,822 09-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Last Post: rajrkodeep
  How to get custom formatted date from qtp sailakshmi 4 16,678 07-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Which way can let QTP recogniza vc custom controls? richard2013 1 2,263 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Last Post: supputuri
Question Create Custom Object RobinDesHautbois 3 6,347 09-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Last Post: guin.anirban