Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default.xls is not updated in QTP 11
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I am facing a problem in QTP11.

Suppose there is two reusable action where data are present in default.xls.
Now I make a new test as a integration script where the two reusable action are called as external action.
Now if i changed any data in default.xls of resuable action, it is not updated in the integration test.

Is there any settings in qtp11 to overcome this issue.

Thanks in Advance...

Every test has its own default.xls
The script inside the external action corresponds to default.xls of external test !
But when you call it as an external action, while execution of that script,qtp will search for default.xls of calling test! so it can actually throw error if same column names are not used in "calling test's default.xls"

Instead of messing up with these default.xls of multiple tests, create an excel file outside both the test folders and inside your integration project.
Use that path of file in the reusable action's code.Now when you call it as external action also, it will always get/set data present in the single excel file in that path!

However i suspect your problem to be not able to update the original file due to not exporting the data and directly trying to change table cell values which are in effect only during the run session!
So make sure you are using Datatable.ExportSheet/Export method after making necessary updates.
Thanks for your quick reply and your suggestions.

Actually in QTP 9.2, there is no problem about this.Integration script's default.xls is updated after any change in corresponding reusable scripts default.xls data. But in QTP 11,the problem arises.
ok,do check external action properties(in called test) >"External Action" tab >first option "use data stored with original action" is selected or not ,

By the way you wouldn't face any problem when you use import and export methods
Thanks, now it works.I want exactly the same.

Actually in QTP 11, when we change any data in reusuable script, data is not updated in integration script due to it is selected the second option "Use a local,editable copy".So, I select the first option and updated data is shown.

So, your suggestion helps me to fix this issue.

And again say thanks and in future, we will use import and export method.
Glad to know it's working.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invalid file error importing xls file Makhado 0 1,180 10-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Makhado
  How to append date to xls file using qtp datatable methods? yona34 1 1,457 05-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Default state of new action aparajita 1 2,212 08-25-2015, 12:11 AM
Last Post: aparajita
  UFT 12.02 Launching default home page sureshbl 0 3,155 06-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Last Post: sureshbl
  QTP to default to a path salmankhan20039 19 30,217 09-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123