Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Description mismatch
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I have one doubt,
1) Sometimes when I run the old and script say [Script-A] am getting warning messages like
"Description mismatch - object was not found using the object description Check the object's properties" even it was a error free script when its created.
I tried in vain in re-recording that particular part to make the script run successfull.
2) Then I recorded only that part in a fresh page say [Script-B] and marked it as re-usable
action and used it in my old script[Script-A] using action "Insert call to Copy". Which made my script run successful.

My doubt is though both the scripts are same with the same object properties why am getting warning message with Script-A.

Thanks,
Akhila
There is a possibility that one or more of the identifying properties of an object currently displayed has changed since the last time you captured it.

It need not be only the object name, it could be any of the mandatory properties.
Thanks Zack. I have one more doubt

I observed that for the error messge "object not found check the object's properties" It giving list of object properties which I need to check with the application.
So to check the object properties I am doing object spy on the object and comparing both "Run time & Test object properties" under Object spy.
Here my doubt is do I need to check the only list of properties displayed in the QTP warning message or all need to check all run time properties of obj spy.
Sorry if I am repeating the question....I have bit confustion with this warning.

Thanks
You need to check all the mandatory object properties and ensure that they are same both in run time and test object properties.If a certain property differs from its Test value, then make it as an optional property.OR USE REGULAR EXPRESSIONS.
Thanks for your advice.
After checking new object propeties I found that object functionality remained same but object properties is changed. Thats why I got warning message....problem solvedSmile
cool Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Property values in Description objet throw Excel Sheet devarapallliramana 3 2,866 03-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  error with msdn's description of overwrite value of CreateTextFile ?? anu05446 1 2,420 03-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  type mismatch error in QTP QAlearningQTP 1 6,799 02-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Last Post: QAlearningQTP
  Description about Types of Ordinal Identifier abhijit.airforce 1 2,366 12-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  WebElementobject's description matches more than one of the objects sumanth 5 3,564 10-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Sathiya