Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we have any property like "sync" in Window based application
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Could you please refresh me with the below scenario?

Version: QTP 10
I have a application like Java Add-ins, i have a scenario like

I have a one "Edit field" and "Show All" , by entering a required name (like venkat) and clicking on "Show All" button it is displaying the corresponding list with the name consists of "Venkat"(Like venkat batchu, venkat babu, venkatesh, venkat raman,.......). But to load all the names it is taking some time (which is varying)

Do we have any kind of sync property to compensate this?

Thanks in advance,
Venkat.Batchu
I see Java objects (like Java List) have Exist property or WaitProperty method. We can use this.
Could you please explain it more in this?
if we know that any object is been displaying after performing then we could have go with
If object.Exist(10) then
-----
----
End If

Here we dont know the exact object , here it is taking time to load the data displayed on the application.

Thanks in advance,
Venkat.Batchu
Hi ,

Use "WaitProperty" method.

Refer 'Help' file for more Info.
Hi Sreekanth,
Thanks for prompt response,
By using the waitproperty we need to supply the "PropertyName" ,"Property Value" and "Timed out" what shall i give the property name if i go with this.
Please do needfully,

Thanks in advance,
Venkat.Batchu
Just run your application once, wait until this object appears, then you can add this object using object repository, then just add .Exist using the learned object.
Or you can wait until the object appears on, hit record, then just choose something on this object, stop the recording, come to the expert view, see the code and use it to modify...
Hope this helps.
Sorry for my explanation, if its not clear.

Also if you are sure this object is going to certainly show up, you can use WaitProperty as recommended. I think Exist() without any parameter value will return immediately.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Cross Browser Sync Not Working geodude 0 1,848 04-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Last Post: geodude
  How to use sync function 22sumit 2 3,203 06-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Last Post: 22sumit
  Is it possible to call Java window and Power Builder Window in 1 Action sbkhbk 0 2,441 06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sbkhbk
  QTP 11 with VB5 based application Fairbanks 1 1,832 04-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  QTP 9.0 supports WPF based .NET desktop application. nagarajkv 1 2,522 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar