Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gmail: Compose Mail Functionality
Not Solved
I never thought I have to struggle 12 hrs to automate ‘compose mail’ functionality in gmail. But still I am unable to execute it successfully. I have been struggling to identify the objects of ‘compose mail link”, “To text box”, “subject text box”, “send button”. I can understand it is a simple issue but in real I am struggling,

The code i am using.
'*****************************************************
Code:
If  Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").WebElement("innertext:=Compose Mail", "html id:=:rd", "html tag:=B").Exist Then
    Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").WebElement("innertext:=Compose Mail", "html id:=:rd", "html tag:=B").Click -9999, -9999
    Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").Sync
    If Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").WebEdit("name:=to", "class:=dK nr l1", "rows:=2").Exist Then
        Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").WebEdit("name:=to", "class:=dK nr l1", "rows:=2").Set "<xyz@gmail.com> "
        If  Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").WebEdit("name:=subject").Exist Then
            Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").WebEdit("name:=subject").Set "hi"
            If  Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").WebButton("name:=Send").Exist Then
                Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").WebButton("name:=Send").Click -9999, -9999
                Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*").Sync
            Else
                   MsgBox( "Send button Not found")

End If
        Else
            MsgBox( " Subject text box Not found")

End If
    Else
        MsgBox( "To text box not found")
            End if
Else
    MsgBox( "Compose Mail link not found")

End If

'***************************************************
In some runs, some of the objects are being identified by QTP and in the next run same objects are not being identified.

I thought i would use Object repositary to store the objects and get them identified. But the above mentioned objects are lying under frames whose name starts with 'c'. So i cant use c.* for all the frames.

Note: Before you suggest any code, please run it once on gmail and if it is passing then only put down here. Otherwise i end up loosing more time in implementing your code.

In some posts i read use the below to click on compose mail

Code:
Browser("title:=Gmail.*").WebElement("html id:=:rd").Click

but i didn't work

Thanks,
kishore
Not Solved
Here is the code which is working. Thanks to Anshoo arora the moderator.

Code:
With Browser("title:=Gmail.*").Page("title:=Gmail.*")
    If .WebElement("innertext:=Compose Mail", "html tag:=SPAN").Exist(10) Then
        .WebElement("innertext:=Compose Mail", "html tag:=SPAN").Click
        If .WebEdit("name:=to").Exist(10) Then
            .WebEdit("name:=to").Set ""
            If .WebEdit("name:=subject").Exist(10) Then
                .WebEdit("name:=subject").Set "hi"
                Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType") = 2
                If .WebElement("innertext:=Send", "html tag:=B", "index:=0").Exist(10) Then
                    .WebElement("innertext:=Send", "html tag:=B", "index:=0").Click
                    .Sync
                Else
                    MsgBox( "Send button Not found")
                End If
                Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType") = 1
            Else
                MsgBox( "Subject text box Not found")
            End If
        Else
            MsgBox( "To text box not found")
        End if
    Else
        MsgBox( "Compose Mail link not found")
    End If
End With
Not Solved
But why we use Exist(10)... I dont understand it.. please let me know/
Thanks
Adi
Not Solved
Exist is used to check if the object is present in the screen and do the operations on the object.

for example, ,

Code:
Browser("").Page("").Image("").Exist(5)

If we use the code above QTP will wait a maximum of 5 seconds for the Image("") object to appear. If it appears, it will execute the next line of code.

If the object doesn't appear with in 5 seconds, the step will fail.

Hope you got it.

Thanks,
Elango
Not Solved
I am trying to delete email from gmail account and I am stuck. I have tried different combination but no luck.

Code:
If  Browser("name:=Your CarMax validation code.*").page("Title:=Your CarMax validation code.*").webtable("class:=Bs nH iY").Exist   Then
Browser("name:=Your CarMax validation code.*").page("Title:=Your CarMax validation code.*").webtable("class:=Bs nH iY").Webtable("class:=cf gJ").Image("class:=hA T-I-J3").Click
' Click delete this message on the fly out , below line should click the delete this message but not clicking
'giving error as too many web element.
Code:
'Browser("name:=Your CarMax validation code.*").page("Title:=Your CarMax validation code.*").webtable("class:=Bs nH iY").webelement("class:=cj", "outtertext:= Delete this message").Click

End If

Finally I got it work by below line of text
1) read the email you want to delete by getrowtextcell("Gmail")

2) Now click the trash can on top bar.
Code:
Browser("name:=.*").page("Title:=.*").webelement("class:=T-I J-J5-Ji nX T-I-ax7 T-I-Js-Gs ar7").Submit

But I would like to delete by fly out "delete this message" option as above code delete all the mails which are grouped by that text.
Not Solved
Now working code doesn't work, I am back to square 1.. Need help

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To send Fail Results to mail Naresh 1 2,407 04-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Last Post: babu123
  To send the QTP Results to mail using Thunderbird Naresh 0 2,142 04-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Naresh
  How to delete particular mails in Gmail using QTP rajkumarsm 1 3,869 10-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Last Post: rajkumarsm
  Delete Gmail email newqtp 4 4,556 07-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Staff
  Total no of mail in gmail excellentpawan 2 2,972 07-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Staff