Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling Testdata while running from QC
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,
I have implemented lot of Import statements in my script and now I would like to run from QC and in Importsheet stataements I gave datasheet path from local drives,
now as I am running from QC, I am specifying the data sheet from QC, File-->Settings---->Resources and I am using that sheet removing all import statements

Can anyone suggest better way to handle the test data whiel runnign from QC
Can anyone share their ideas, I would really appreciate, if anyone can reply.
Ankur, Basanth, any moderator or anyone else, if you can reply on this, that would be really great
I did this via Parameters.

I used two parameters named DataSheet and DataDir. Combined them to give me a full path to the data file then imported. In my case I pulled them from Quality Center Attachments. My import routine can use Quality Center or local files, just need the path and name.

On each test I created the parameters under settings with default values so I could run a simpler test without always having to specify a data sheet.
Thanks JS,
We can do that way, Did you use Environment variables? or action parameters?
I used action parameters so I could change them via QC test configuration. That way the same test could be run against a different set of data.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Handling Web list running Jquery Divya Srivastava 1 1,339 09-07-2018, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Dynamically Changing the Testdata by using macros nelmanoj 5 4,788 03-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Error Handling kanimozhi 4 5,036 02-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Last Post: deepakmehta82