Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Use virtual object?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
I have a quesry regarding what objects are candidates for virtual objects and how do we use virtual object? I have used the virtual object manager to create a virtual object but i am not sure how to use it?
-Rahul
hi dear,
first of all clear the concept of virtual object.
virtual objects are the objects who looks like the normal objects but not recognized by the qtp.take a ex. open the ms paint and record the test for doing the signature by selecting the pencil and color then run the test and see the effect........that means pencil or color in a table is looking like bitmap not the button in table and also see the OR there is no object about button or table about pencil or color.
so that way we use the Virtual Object process to map the virtual object with the Standard class.
now use the tools>virtual objects>virtual object manager.. first delete the old VO
then add new...
Process to add the VO..for pencil
open the tools>virtual objects>virtual object manager>new click next>select Class as button>click mark object and mark properly the pencil image>click next>next> enter the data as u want then select the yes checkbox for next VO and make another 4 a color table end finish...
now see the OR,plz comment out the
'Window("Paint").WinObject("Tools").Click 19,93
'Window("Paint").WinObject("Colors").Click 74,29
and run the test.
ask me if u face any prob.
Happy testing
Hi,

I tried this and also created a new virtual object for pencil, it is also being reflected in virtual object manager, but i am not sure how i can use this virtual object.
see... comment the step who is created by u as VO and run then u can see it.
don't think......first do that then think what is it.................
I thinjk i got it now. We need to define the virtual objects first and then use them. Thanks a lot Smile
Rahul.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP runs slow when scheduled through a Virtual Machine BajaJeff 3 5,137 06-11-2013, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Ankur
Rolleyes How can we run QTP on virtual machine at scheduled time through VB script. ritugoyal 13 21,824 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Any Method to fetch d cellData from Virtual Table? manishddeshmukh 0 2,174 08-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: manishddeshmukh
Question Using Virtual Table Server (VTS) for QTP Parameterization rishikesh 0 3,581 03-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Last Post: rishikesh
  Pure Virtual Function Error in QTP running in QC jon88654 0 4,043 07-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Last Post: jon88654