Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to retrieve the status of a checkpoint ?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello All,

I have a checkpoint, so how would i check that this checkpoint returns passes or fail either true or false
i write a code

Code:
Dim a
   a = Browser("abc").Page("abc").Check CheckPoint("InvalidUserName")
   msgBox(a)
IF a then
Else
End If

But it shows warning at second line where i assign checkpoint to 'a'

can anybody help me out

Thanks

Mahesh
Hello All,

I solve my problem,we have used parenthesis before and after ‘CheckPoint(”Y”)’, this is required when we want to capture the value returned from Check method. If the return value is not to be capture and only the Checkpoint needs to executed we can use
Code:
‘Browser(”X”).Page(”X”).WebEdit(”X”).Check CheckPoint(”Y”)
a = Browser("Retail Activity Management").Page("Task Manager").Check (CheckPoint("InvalidUserName"))

Thanks
Mahesh
I don't think QTP will alow to use Checkpoint in descriptive programming.

Any one tried this?
@V_selvam - Where is the question about using Descriptive Programming asked by upadhay?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
I think v_selvam saw the thread title, actually I too got confused since there was no relation between the thread title and post inside.

[I have edited the thread's title now]
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hello All,

Sorry for confusing all just bacause of my thread title, but thanks to help

Mahesh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to close/restart UFT in "Not responding" status with AOM script CharlieMadrid 0 1,066 05-21-2020, 08:46 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
Question Is Reporter ignoring the status of steps? dlaureano 3 3,422 06-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Jay
  QTP Automation: How to retrieve Reporter.Reportevent Message scsenthil 1 5,259 11-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Last Post: spannerj
  How to retrieve ArrayList saved in Environment Variable Gautam26 8 4,459 11-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ssvali
Exclamation Retrieve the complete height and width of a browser beyond the visible part as wel learnQtptips 0 2,017 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post: learnQtptips