Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use the Descriptive programming for WebRadioGroup?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
[/align]Hi,
I have webradiogroups in my application.I am giving the values from the Excel sheet.

I am using Descriptive programming,now my script is,
Code:
Browser("name:=My Listings","creationtime:=0").Page("name:=MLSPro","title:=My Listings").WebRadioGroup("html tag:=INPUT","visible:=True","index:=0").Select class1

Always it gives the error,
Cannot identify the specified item of the [ 126 ] object. Confirm that the specified item is included in the object's item collection.

126 is name of the webradiogroup.if I give it in the object description,again I am the same error.
Changed code:
Code:
Browser("name:=My Listings","creationtime:=0").Page("name:=MLSPro","title:=My Listings").WebRadioGroup("name:=126","html tag:=INPUT","visible:=True","index:=0").Select class1

How to use the Descriptive programming for Webradiogroup?
Any help?
Thank you
Uma
Can you try the same script with the value in double cotation like "class1".
Code:
Browser("creationtime:=0").Page("title:=My Listings").WebRadioGroup("name:=126").Select "class1"
Hi Uma,

You are giving the values to webradiogroup from excel. That value is stored in the variable "class1". so no need to write class1( .select "class1") in double quote.
The problem is here that the variable "class1" containing the value isn't matching with the item presents under that webradiogroup. It might be due to the extra space presents for the value in "class1". You need to use trim for fetching the value from excel like:

Code:
class1=trim(sheet name.cells(row,col).value)
can you please try now with the above procedure?
Thanks for all of you.
jyothi,You are correct,I had a problem with my excel sheet.

The following code I am using to take the value from Excel sheet,
In Excel sheet ,I changed my values
like this
#0,#1...instead of Single Home,Town Home)
Code:
Browser("name:=My Listings","creationtime:=0").Page("title:=My Listings").WebRadioGroup("name:=126","index:=0").Select Class1

It works fine.If I use "" ,it is putting the same value in the text box ,not taking it from Excel.
Once again thank you.
Uma

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dynamic descriptive Programming issue in Terminal Emulator cprasad 1 1,741 04-25-2019, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT Tool support with Descriptive programming laks 1 1,630 07-05-2018, 05:31 PM
  UFT Descriptive Programming objects not identified in a secure & private intranet env bugfinder2 1 1,660 06-07-2017, 01:41 PM
  UFT descriptive programming Browser("creationtime:=-1") not always working SOUMYADEEP 0 2,891 01-20-2017, 01:53 AM
Last Post: SOUMYADEEP
  Inserting variable values into Descriptive Programming Functions eske99 2 3,144 12-18-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: vinod123