Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying objects on .jsp page
Not Solved
Hello all you QTP Gurus,

Okay, so I am working with QTP 9.5 on an application making use of an AJAX framework. From the main page there is a link that launches a template selection page. QTP can see both of these pages. There is a drop down list of the different templates available for the user to select. When one of these templates is selected QTP is unable to see this page or its objects. And the way QTP can't "see" the objects is strange.
When I say strange I mean the following:
Object spy can see the page and identify all the objects on the page successfully. When I use the Object Repository manager to create a repository for the page a weird thing happens. I select the F6 button and select the default objects to learn. I hit the start button and off goes the QTP Object Identification application learning the page and its objects. When I go to the object repository, it is empty. There is no error trown, just no objects.
When I attempt to close the repository it asks me if I want to save indicating that something was done to the repository but didn't stick. When I use the "Add Object" button and select the page, those objects appear for a split second in the repository and then they disappear. When I try to use DP to indentify, Browser, Window, Page and object QTP throws a message saying it can't find the objects.
Do I need the Web Extensibility Toolkit to test this page? If so, why could QTP identify the objects for the .jsp page with the template drop down list but not the page generated from selecting an item from that list? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP is not identifying Parent objects it self then how can we automate swapna.9n9 0 1,917 12-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Last Post: swapna.9n9
  UFT11.5 is not identifying the objects in IE9. qtpexpert 1 2,730 03-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Last Post: gaveyom
  QTP is not identifying the objects in .net application. qtpexpert 0 2,564 03-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Last Post: qtpexpert
  QTP- identifying same objects with same properties sumalatha 8 27,785 08-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Last Post: abhishekjain_87
  Identifying Objects on any screem dipti.pasricha 4 3,340 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Last Post: supputuri