Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is QTP 9.2 with Java Add-in 9.1 Compatable with AMD Athlon 64 X 2 Dual Core Processor
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi All,

For some reason I am unable to identify why I cannot record scripts on a Java (thick) based applications using QTP 9.2 with Java Add-in 9.1 on AMD Athlon Processor 64 X 2 Dual Core. It records for a while and then freezes, after the first freeze, it doesn't run at all, so I am thinking its a setting some where I need to change, How ever i went into Java plug-in from control panel and changed the java Runtime Environment to the Java Version that the Java application uses (JRE 1.4.2_13). if anyone has a similar issue and resolved it, please let me know as I am struggling to get this up and running, the Process I installed QTP is as follows

First installed QTP 9.2, then the Java Add-in.

Thank you all for your responses in advance...
I don't think processor can make any difference for how QTP behaves...

by any chance are you using Active X add-in?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
No Sir, I am not.....

thanks...varsi..
I have a temporary solution for this, what I did was,
- Uninstall Java 9.1 Addin
- restart the computer
- Re-Install Java 9.1 Add-in, Don't restart the computer when it asks to Restart, Works fine, Recognizes Java based applications.

if anyone has encountered such kind of issue and they have a solution, please let me know. Thank you all for your help and specially to the Sys Admin Mr. Ankur.
nice of you that you followed up with solution here...probably on your first installation some files gone missing...I always recommend to go through the "Read Me" files which comes with every add-in. They contain extremely valuable information on issues like this.

also no need for Sir, just Ankur will do.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Good Afternoon Ankur,

Kindness of you, we went through the read me file before and know also, and didn't find any solution other than the one i mentioned earlier, how ever I created a ticket with HP regarding this, because, we kind of are believing might be an issue with 64 bit, so waiting on their response, and if its Ok, I will post that response on here so people would know. Thank you and hoping to see if HP would provide a patch for it.

Regards,
Varsi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to record JAVA Swing application with JAVA add-in Mrudula Chinchanikar 0 793 11-24-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Mrudula Chinchanikar
  java objects not getting identified with java update 8 in uft 11.5 milukuraju 0 2,848 02-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: milukuraju
  How to add a Third party Tool developed in Java to QTP mohamedziavudeen 0 2,682 07-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Last Post: mohamedziavudeen
  QTP 10 Java Add In Extensibility piyush Ojha 1 6,966 06-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Last Post: manasach
  QTP java add-in problems tdevick 0 4,522 06-11-2011, 05:08 AM
Last Post: tdevick