Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JBoss error mask upon returning to page from a popup
Not Solved
Steps:
1) QTP identifies a few links on a web App.
2) I click on this link (using qtp).
3) Application opens a popup to change a few values.
4) I submit the Image button after changing the values.
5) I return back to the original page, which is open in the background (never closed).
6) But QTP now does not recognize those few links (as said in point 1), instead it only shows a hierarchy upto Page as shown below:

Browser("name:=JBoss Web/2.1.7 - Error report").Page("title:=JBoss Web/2.1.7 - Error report")

I have to use a Browser("name:=JBoss Web/2.1.7 - Error report").refresh code to get the properties visible again everytime I get back from the popup.

Notes - This occurs on my system and a few other systems. Many systems do not show the JBoss error when accessing through QTP. Both QTP and browser versions are same with default settings.

Question - What settings do I need to change for this to be resolved - so that QTP recognizes these links after coming back from the popup?

Thanks,
Anuroop.
Not Solved
----Sad
Upon changing registry value as shown below, I was able to access all of the web elements most of the times. However, at times, I get the JBOSS error (browser,page) mask again which seems to be impenetrable.

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\Packages\StdPackage\Settings]

"SkipWndMovedOut"=dword:00000001

Any suggestions on what needs to be done to access all the elements every time - by surpassing the JBOSS error mask page every time?

Thanks,
Anuroop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Recognize that Browser returns an Error page after hitting a URL with QTP ? Sukhvinder 7 6,083 07-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rajpes
  QTP is throwing session error after saving the page but manually not in AJAX and JSF sking511 2 3,226 07-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Last Post: sking511
  how to get popup message in active screen ps.manju04 1 2,669 08-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Last Post: basanth27