Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not able to identify objects
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi Ankur,
This is in regard of Object Identification...

Prerequisites: My Web Application is with Java objects...I got licensed Java Add-in also with QTP 9.5.

Problem: QTP is not able to identify the links and editboxes as it should be. Below is the way it is showing while spying.

Hierarchy for link:
Code:
Browser("...").Page("..").Frame("NavbarFrame").ActiveX("...").JavaApplet("...").JavaObject("...").Javatree("...").
This javatree acting like a frame rather than a object.

Hierarchy of Editbox:
Code:
Browser("...").Page("..").Frame("NavbarFrame").ActiveX("...").JavaApplet("...").JavaObject("...").
This javaobject looking like a webelement where I cannot enter any text.

How can i make use of above objects(which are more heirarchy). Please help me out ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Hari
Hi,
I am trying to automate the windows app. using .NET and the screen has the tree view. I am just trying to click on a link and verifying the form with the label of that page.

QTP cannot recognize the Label for that form that has treeview

Code:
If SwfWindow("Name:=Form1").SwfObject("Name:=panel1").SwfObject("Name:=MainControl").SwfObject("Name:=oWorkBoxPanel").SwfObject("Name:=" & Datatable.Value ("ObjectName",dtGlobalSheet)).SwfLabel("Name:=" & Datatable.Value ("LabelName",dtGlobalSheet)).Exist(2)
then
reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "Links", "Click Link Passed"

The script is working for all other forms except the one with the tree view.
ANy idea how to make it work or any other way to recognize the object??

THanks,
Kavitha
Hi Kavita,

Please create a new thread for your query. Never divert a thread by putting your different query in between a thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to identify objects for Python based application manu.sharma7 0 2,435 05-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: manu.sharma7
  QTP doesn't identify C# objects OR interrupts windows messages? Nom1fan 0 2,438 09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Nom1fan
Exclamation QTP does not identify FLEX objects properly Jaideep Bhatia 1 5,538 04-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Last Post: mahesh
  QTP not able to identify Terminal View objects umainturi 3 3,976 12-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Last Post: umainturi