Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP does not identify FLEX objects properly
Not Solved Exclamation 
Dear Friends,
Ankur please help me ASAP as I need your inputs/suggestions
I am working in a telecom domain area.

We are using FLEX plugin 3.0 in QTP 10 which is required to enable QTP to recognize FLEX objects in the applications.

(A) Problem 1:-
We have one application that uses java with FLEX 3.0 framework.
Now when we record the test script when traversing the application: QTP identifies the FLEX objects differently from the way Object Spy tool identifies FLEX objects.
Like: when recording the script with qtp, we may have FLEXLinkBar object being recorded for linkbar(menu with link buttons). But when we use Object Spy tool with the same application: Spying the same linkbar control with object spy shows us a FLEXButton but object spy does not recognize a LinkBar. Why is it so?

(B) Problem 2:-
I have another application (UDA) and this is a .NET application that uses FLEX framework that is: FLEX objects enclosed in a .NET Container.
Now the QTP 10 does not recognize such FLEX objects at all and can only identify their x and y coordinates but this will not help in the long run.
Please suggest an appropriate way of identifying objects for this...
Not Solved
I had a similar problem , use a Flex plugin for QTP , u will have to do lot of descriptive programming here again as its not straight forward, but with the addin the flex hierarchy will surely come, for plugin ask your developer

Dear Friends,
Ankur please help me ASAP as I need your inputs/suggestions
I am working in a telecom domain area.

We are using FLEX plugin 3.0 in QTP 10 which is required to enable QTP to recognize FLEX objects in the applications.

(A) Problem 1:-
We have one application that uses java with FLEX 3.0 framework.
Now when we record the test script when traversing the application: QTP identifies the FLEX objects differently from the way Object Spy tool identifies FLEX objects.
Like: when recording the script with qtp, we may have FLEXLinkBar object being recorded for linkbar(menu with link buttons). But when we use Object Spy tool with the same application: Spying the same linkbar control with object spy shows us a FLEXButton but object spy does not recognize a LinkBar. Why is it so?

(B) Problem 2:-
I have another application (UDA) and this is a .NET application that uses FLEX framework that is: FLEX objects enclosed in a .NET Container.
Now the QTP 10 does not recognize such FLEX objects at all and can only identify their x and y coordinates but this will not help in the long run.
Please suggest an appropriate way of identifying objects for this...
[/quote]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Recorded script is not placing the value properly whilst runing patelmitesh0718 0 957 02-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Last Post: patelmitesh0718
  Can UFT 12.01 support flex objects ? ramya M 0 2,142 03-23-2015, 03:50 PM
Last Post: ramya M
  Problem Automating Flex App - UFT 12.01 + Flex 4.6 SDK + IE 10,11 + OS windows 7,8 64 kamle 4 3,617 12-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP with Flex sumanhyd 0 1,667 10-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Last Post: sumanhyd
  Unable to identify objects for Python based application manu.sharma7 0 2,426 05-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: manu.sharma7