Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not able to open Longpath in QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello All,

I save my test script into below path,

Path:--C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\CompanyProjects\project1\ModulesForProject1\ModuleOne\TabsForModuleOne\TabOne\Publishtab\TestScript\Publish.qfl.

But when i click on open and browse upto the folder and select .qfl file it wont open and QTP crashed and stop working,
Can anybody please let me know hoe to handle this

Thanks
Mahesh
Hi Upadhyay40,

Fyi , you have saved the Quick Test Functional library(.qfl) not the Test script.

Hope You might have done the following:
After opening QTPFile-->New-->Function Library& wrote some code and saved into your location and hence it got stored as .qfl(Quick Test Functional library).
Then you tried to open a .qfl file which infact is not a test script from File-->Open-->Test and hence QTP crashed and stop working.

Instead do the following:
After opening QTPFile-->New-->Test & write some code and saved into required location.
Test script would be saved as an folder.
Now you Open the test script from File-->Open-->Test & browse the test script from required location, it opens the test script which you have created Smile
In Addition to Sreekanth's reply

make sure you are opening a library file (.qfl) using File > Open > Function Library
select your publish.qfl file.

It should open the file.

Hello Saket/Shreekant

Thanks for the reply, I saved the test script in particular testscript folder & .qfl(Quick Test Functional library) into function liabrary folder, but the problem is just because of long path which i mentioned, when i put the same folder into C:\ drive i am able to open the script and .qfl(Quick Test Functional library).

Thanks

Mahesh
bit strange for me, on which QTP version you are working on.
I am on 10.0 and able to open a library file from the location which path is quite more longer than yours.

Hi saket,

I am working on QTP 10.0 the same, but its evaluation version so may be they gave some limited functionality.

Thanks
Mahesh
I dont think it is restricted there in evaluation version.
you can raise a case at HP for this.

Ok, thanks saket.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP does not record the first step of open filight reservation application. Blossoms 9 17,320 07-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Last Post: AJAJ
  When QTP is open am not able to open my AUT. chetan3987 2 2,942 02-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  How to enter values into excel which is already open using QTP Narayanan 1 4,206 12-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  cannot open QTP tests learnasugo 8 8,746 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Ankesh
  How to open html file and update values in particular cell of a table in QTP? yogesh kancherla 2 5,924 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Last Post: yogesh kancherla