Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OR --> Second page browser object is also highlighting the first page browser
Not Solved
Hi Friends!!!!!!

i am capturing the objects in OR with Smart identification as "FALSE"

So i have two browsers and one page to both the browsers.

it means , first browser represents the first page and the second represents the pop up pages.

now my doubt is when i select the second page by opening the pop up
it is highllighting the second page.

without opening the pop up page if i highlight the second browser it is again highlighting the first browser.

After disabling the smart identification why i am getting this error

Please advice me and correct me if i am wrong
Not Solved
Hi..
plz check your OR properties for the browser. If we have only the CreationTime property to uniquely identify the browsers, then this is the normal behavior of QTP.
CreationTime will be used when you have more than 1 browser. If you have only one browser, then this property will be ignored, all the browsers object, Say Browser("CreationTime:=999") even this one will highlight your first browser only.

So, if you dont want QTP to do so, please use title or some other property to uniquely identify the browsers. Do not use ordinal identifiers in this case.
Not Solved
how can i see the creation time for the a browser?

Thanks in Advance
Rajesh
Not Solved
You can not check creation time, it is qtp feature.see if the below code highlights them correctly
Code:
browser("creationtime:=0").highlight
              browser("creationtime:=1").highlight
Not Solved
Thank you very much

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with Browser Name which has Pipe Symbol (|) dvkbabu 12 19,738 01-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Last Post: arunshuklainbox
  Tab Flow in a Sign In page for web Application. Madhavi 4 4,205 04-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Madhavi
  Issue with every page name changes Madhavi.s 6 4,591 02-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Last Post: jsknight1969
  Regular Expression for a Complex Browser Title preet4u007 3 3,936 02-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Last Post: markQA
  Regular expression to identify browser with different Title slowing script execution umer830 5 5,371 12-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Last Post: nil