Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Required Error
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi Ankur,

My task is to enable a checkbox of a required link. I've written the below code for accomplishing it.

It worked well initially. Suddenly when i tried executing today it throws error at "workspace_chkbox.Click" and says "Object Required".

Im confused on this coz it worked well before. Kindly help me on this.
The code below is for you reference

Code:
Dim workspace_chkbox
col_cnt = Browser("NPDM").Page("ENOVIA").Frame("MainFrame").WebTable("WorkspaceTable").GetROProperty("cols")
row_cnt = Browser("NPDM").Page("ENOVIA").Frame("MainFrame").WebTable("WorkspaceTable").RowCount
For i = 1 to row_cnt
    Workspace_Check= Browser("NPDM").Page("ENOVIA").Frame("MainFrame").WebTable("WorkspaceTable").GetCellData(i,col_cnt)
    If trim(Workspace_Name) = trim(Workspace_Check)  Then
                Set workspace_chkbox = Browser("NPDM").Page("ENOVIA").Frame("MainFrame").WebTable("WorkspaceTable").childitem(i,1,"WebCheckBox",0)
                [b]workspace_chkbox.Click[/b]        Exit For
    End If
Next

Thanks in Advance!

Sharmila
Hi Sharmila,

Always use "Option Explicit" as the first line of your code. This will throw error if there is any typo in variable name or if a variable is not defined. In your code you have used: Workspace_Check and workspace_chkbox. If Option Explicit is not there then both the variables are considered as one and the same.

Check if the position of webcheckbox has changed in your application.
Manish -
That is not correct. Workspace_check and workspace_chkbox are different variables.
Option Explicit is a good suggestion.

Sharmila -
The issue is with regards to either a shift in the location of the object or index. One of the ways i can suggest is to use On Error Resume next.
Try this code,
Code:
Dim workspace_chkbox
On Error Resume Next
col_cnt = Browser("NPDM").Page("ENOVIA").Frame("MainFrame").WebTable("WorkspaceTable").GetROProperty("cols")
row_cnt = Browser("NPDM").Page("ENOVIA").Frame("MainFrame").WebTable("WorkspaceTable").RowCount
For i = 1 to row_cnt
Workspace_Check= Browser("NPDM").Page("ENOVIA").Frame("MainFrame").WebTable("WorkspaceTable").GetCellData(i,col_cnt)
If trim(Workspace_Name) = trim(Workspace_Check) Then
Set workspace_chkbox = Browser("NPDM").Page("ENOVIA").Frame("MainFrame").WebTable("WorkspaceTable").childitem(i,1,"WebCheckBox",0)
workspace_chkbox.Click
msgbox Err.Number & " Error Number"
Msgbox Err.Description & " Error Description"
Exit For
End If
Next
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Manish,

I tried option explicit and now i find it works. Thank you so much for your suggestion

Sharmila

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermitent "Object not visible" error erodpr 5 3,281 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Unable to identify "Authentication Required" Dialog shaunysj 2 2,908 08-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  ERROR : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Suyashxp 2 6,945 12-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Last Post: ursprasadp
  code required for the following scenarios krithikaachari 0 2,124 09-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Last Post: krithikaachari
  object required shipu 1 3,841 01-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Last Post: supputuri