Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object not Visible message
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

Running QTP 10 on Win 7, I noticed that pop-up boxes, whether it's VB Success or VB Failure, are being clicked on by QTP (the pop-up occurrs QTP clicks OK) then immediatly after, I receive the following:

Object not Visible
Line (22):
Code:
Browser("xxxx.com").Dialog("VBScript:Success").WinButton ("OK).Click".
Anyone know why this message would appear when QTP is already clicking on this OK button?

Thanks
There seems to be some problem with synchronization. can you paste the code that you are using?
Hi,

Here is a code snippet:

Code:
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Navigation").Link("Participants").Click
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Navigation").WebElement("View/Edit Participant").Click
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("SearchClientTop").Image("btn_search").Click
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("SearchClientTop").WebEdit("txtClient").Set "QTP, Laura"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("SearchClientTop").Image("btn_search").Click
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("SearchClientBottom").Link("QTP, Laura").Click
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebEdit("txtAddress1").Set "1234 Elm St"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebEdit("txtEmail").Set "LauraQ@aol.com"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebEdit("txtSSN").Set "112233445"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebList("txtDOBm").Select "Feb"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebList("txtDOBd").Select "27"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebList("txtDOBy").Select "1953"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebList("lstGender").Select "Female"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebList("lstEthnicity").Select "Caucasian"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebList("lstMaritalStatus").Select "Married"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebEdit("txtHomePhone").Set "12345678"
Browser("Software.COM").Dialog("VBScript: Error").WinButton("OK").Click
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebEdit("txtHomePhone").Set "4101234567"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").WebEdit("txtCellPhone").Set "5101123456"
Browser("Software.COM").Page("Software.COM").Frame("Body").Image("Click to Submit Form").Click
Browser("Software.COM").Sync
Browser("Software.COM").Dialog("VBScript: Success").WinButton("OK").Click
I also got the same problem everytime I encountered a pop-up box and Web Page dialog box; The object are always not visible or recognized.

For the issue of clicking OK button, I've got this solution (somewhere in this forum or other sites): that you need to insert a script (Sending a Key Command) after the step of clicking OK button.

You can insert this:
Code:
Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
oShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Please Help. because I cannot progress to my QTP lessons since the application I'm testing have lots of this. Thanks!
The thing is, this was working, so I hate to make any code changes. I would just like to know why this message is now appearing and what it means.
Solution to this problem:

https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Thread-Q...?pid=10791

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help for instruction to click on Skip button in the warning message vijilesh 0 1,356 09-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Last Post: vijilesh
  Exist and Visible Are True When Objects Aren't There - Is there A Better Way? zunebuggy 3 2,717 04-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  [UFT] [WPF] DataGrid: check if vertical and horizontal scrollbars are visible robertosalemi 0 2,253 07-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Intermitent "Object not visible" error erodpr 5 3,281 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Object properties are not visible suresh.tata 1 2,384 02-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Last Post: supputuri