Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem in Recording .net windows application
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi Guys

I am working with a .net windows application

I am not able to record most of the screens. i was able to record the first screen though. i have also checked the record & run settings

i am not able to record buttons too

when i tried descriptive programming

swfwindow("x").Swfbutton("y").click

i get the error "object does not support this method or property"

pls help me out in these issues
Check If you have .Net Addin properly loaded.

Though not sure, try registering your windows application as a browser from the following

C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin\SettingNewBrowserControlApplication.exe
I have added the .net add in properly

i have also registered the application as mentioned in the above post

but i still face the same problem

i am able to record the first 2 screens. not able to record from the 3 rd screen

has it got anything to do with infragistic tool. i dont have it

Thanks
Aravind
i forgot to mention one more thing
when i remove the .net add in

I am able to record these screens as
window(..)winobject(..)

but when i add .net add in I am not able to record the same screen which i had recorded without .net add in.

Thanks
Aravind
You may need this plug-in:
http://www.infragistics.com/dotnet/testa...x#Overview

Install the trial version and try it out.
Hi Aravind,

Fyi,It Seems the controls are of NETADVANTAGE third party tools (called as infragistics objects).

To identify and use these objects you need to download and install TestAdvantage Add-in for HP QTP.

This add-in provide support for infragistic objects for windows application.

Before installing TestAdvantage you need to make sure that you install the same version of testAdvantage whose corresponding NetAdvantage version is used for development.

Try it out & let us know the followup buddy.Smile
Thanks sreekanth. will use it and let u know the status

Thanks
Aravind
Arvind -
What made you guess that this could be related to infragistics ?

Let me also add, Inspite of you having infragistics add-in QTP will not perform Record & Playback on that object. You will have to do it programatically.

First step is to talk to your dev lead as to what is the presentation layer or the GUI architecture.

Second step is to use the Object spy on the objects you feel are causing issues. Look for description fields or file reference rows which will clue you to the third party controls used if any.
A further guide is to use the .Net object spy to frame your script programatically.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
There is a error in the QTP that some times it won't recoganize .new controls as physical objects. it will record all objects as swfobject. the below steps may help you to solve this issue(temporary solution)

1. Close the application and QTP window.
2. Open the QTP application ( .net addin selected)
3. Now open the test application.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows Application Custom Combo box selection change event not firing in uft RamUFT 0 826 02-06-2020, 08:10 AM
Last Post: RamUFT
  WPF Container application crashing while recording. anil19 1 1,634 02-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  QTP is not identifying the objects in .net application. qtpexpert 0 2,569 03-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Last Post: qtpexpert
  QTP11 is not able to record on windows application sowmya 3 3,606 02-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Last Post: sowmya
  Receiving an IIS authentication error when replaying a.net windows application script nithya.cov@gmail.com 0 2,432 04-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Last Post: nithya.cov@gmail.com