Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with ActiveX/changing text
Not Solved
I am new to the position at this company and have been asked to review QTP scripts. I'm not overly familiar but I can make my way through. We are working on QTP 9.2.

I have the following line:
Code:
VbWindow("MDIMain").VbWindow("frmStartup").VbWindow("frmStatePick").ActiveX("St_Select").Object.Text = DataTable("State", dtLocalSheet)

Basically, the window is a second popup asking for the user to select the state where business is to be written.

What I'm finding is that it is recording a coordinate (Click 65,111) which is never consistant from 1 record to the next. So the only option I have is to use the Object.Text functionality - but this is causing problems because sometimes it will return the error "Property is read only" - which I know its open - I can SEE that's its ok. It will run through one test case fine, but the next will give there error.

My biggest question is can I get away with using something than Object.Text? Of course, any suggestions are welcome!
Not Solved
If ActiveX("St_Select") is a dropdown with multiple options in it to select, then try using;
PHP Code:
Select"#<item index>" 
The index count starts from 0.
Not Solved
I tried running it selecting on the index number of the value in the box and it returned an error that the object doesn't support his property or method: 'Select'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ActiveX component can't create object: 'JavaWindow' JayeshK 0 1,471 01-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: JayeshK
  Page element keep changing chong67 4 4,274 11-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Paul Rammone
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,539 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
Exclamation URGENT: ActiveX component can't create object citibank_ani 3 15,276 09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: VarunKaushik
  QTP 11 - GetVisibleText not getting text correctly in windows7 from Activex Pallavi 1 5,571 03-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032