Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems in web services
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago Toungue 
hello all,

I am facing the following problem in QTP 9.5. I am using the web services add-in to test..well..web services Tongue

anyways, the following is the code;

Code:
WSOrdReq = WebService("WSWebSer").WSOrdReq(DataTable("Branch", dtGlobalSheet), DataTable("Company", dtGlobalSheet), DataTable("Login", dtGlobalSheet), DataTable("Password", dtGlobalSheet), DataTable("MISMO_Ver", dtGlobalSheet), DataTable("DataStream", dtGlobalSheet))

XMLFile("WS.xml").Check CheckPoint("WS.xml")

When the arguments are all valid, the web service returns an XML output which is verified via an xml checkpoint above, however, when an invalid argument is passed or an argument which does not generate any data, the web service is supposed to generate an exception, which it does, but that exception basically stops QTP's test run.

Now i need to capture that exception and add a checkpoint to verify whether its the intended exception thrown by the web service e.g. an exception is supposed to be thrown when an invalid login is sent...my checkpoint will verify actual and expected exception but it cannot as the exception is generated and shown by QTP in an error message and it stops execution.

Need help. Sad
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Ok people,

On Error Resume Next basically solves that problem...so either no one knew the solution...hardly the case, i believe, or no wanted to help...neways, this was just a simple test question to see whether anyone actually does reply to a prob...

test failed i guess
There can be always an oversight, you are free to bump your thread after say 3 days...but refrain from making this kind of remark in future.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
will do Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  submit web services without using add in luckyexpert 0 1,540 08-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Last Post: luckyexpert
  Getting an 'Error in XML document' Error when submitting web services XML luckyexpert 0 2,938 08-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: luckyexpert
Exclamation Problems with "WScript.Shell" [QTP 10.0] Mukesh.Laxmidhar 0 3,898 01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Mukesh.Laxmidhar
  Problems adding swftoolbar repository pruebastool 0 3,122 07-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Last Post: pruebastool
Sad Web Services Question shiva_kumar 3 2,861 11-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Raj20091