Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems running more than one script sequentially from Quality Center
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
I'm trying to run more than one QTP script sequentially (i.e. Run Test Set) from Quality Center. The first script launches the browser, logs in to the web application, and completes successfully. However, the second script fails... it's as if the browser (that was left open from the first test) is not even recognized. This works fine independent of Quality Center, that is, when I use the QTP batch runner. Any suggestions?
Hi,

As I understand the issue correctly, you are opening a browser in your first script say test 1 and do perform some operation on the browser and then in the next test script say test 2 trying to perform some operation on the same browser.
Now, Quality Center will treat both the test as independent of each other and will invoke a seperate instance of QTP so your previously opened browser will not be recognized by QTP and hence the test2 will fail.

You can try doing folowing.

1. Keep your test scripts in each test set independent of each other.
2. Use reusable or external actions to accomodate the test in the same browser.
Thank you for the quick response.
This particular application requires a login every time a new browser is invoked, so that's the only way I can see keeping each script independent (by logging in and out of the app for each script).
Can you expand on #2?
You may want to use 'creation time' ordinal identifier to identify browsers.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
I think you can try doing following.

As in the attached screenshot for QTP remote agent running in your machine in the task bar you can configure your options.

For example you have 10 test in your test set then in the open QTP option you can select after 10 test script run.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems installing LearnQuickTest PDF API dplank 1 2,525 09-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Windows 8 envirnment error while running QTP script. Rashmi Rajpal 0 2,334 10-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Rashmi Rajpal
  Error launching QTP tests from Quality Center SteveS 0 2,939 09-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Last Post: SteveS
Big Grin Problem with connectivity between QTP and HP Quality Center mrmartin683 1 12,725 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Last Post: raaz4all
  QTP API to connect to Performance Center(ALM) as_srini 3 5,507 06-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Ankesh