Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 11 is unable to recognize prime faces components ,for ex: List and radio butt
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi

There is a Select List in my application (basically it is a prime faces components). When I spy on it, it shows me as a 'Webelement' not a standard 'Weblist'. I told this one to my manager that instead of prime faces components ,we should use default Select menu . He told me we have to use prime faces components and try to find the other solution for it.
So please guide me how to deal with this situation. Please find the attached image . This same case is also with Radio buttons.

Loaded Addins are:

ActiveX
Java
Visual Basic
Web

QTP version: 11

Browser: IE 9

Waiting for your solution as soon as possible...
Thanks & Regards
Pradeep Singh

Attached Files Image(s)

Never Dealt with prime faces, but i think it is a known issue with QTP. How about click on the webelement and check the displayed dropdown. Is that recognized as a weblist?
If you dont find any valuable solution here, dont wait for long, talk to HP. There could be a patch or some kind of technical support.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks for your quick reply...
Click on the webelement ,still displayed dropdown shown as webelement, not weblist.
Could you tell me please how to talk HP or what is the process for that ,if you know?
Pradeep,
You will need a SAID # number. I believe since you are a corporate user, you will have one.
Step 1:
Register : https://ovrd.external.hp.com/rd/register
Step 2:
Post your query : http://support.openview.hp.com/

Hope this helps.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Pradeep,

I don't know if you contacted HP or not. But we can handle this case... I have a solution.

let me know if you are still looking for help.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
I have a doubt. If an application is developed in PHP, will the QTP support the Application without purchasing the licence.
As the QTP works good for ActiveX, Java, Visual Basic and Web applications.

One more doubt.
can we write the VB Script for printing the application form, which was developed in PHP
If you have a solution please post it here, it will be helpful for the rest or any future joinee.
Basanth
Hi,
As of now, QTP directly not recognizing to prime faces components, so don't wait long, Here is some work around so you may proceed your script development.

Suggested Approach : QTP recognize these object partially, so First you need to perform Click on Drop down list, Then Perform Click on options.
For more clarification, Refer to attached screenshot.

-Sarfraz

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi,
I got solution and now it works fine.

'**************************************************

Step 1. Create a function
Step 2. Click on Label Webelement (so that list pop can open)
Step 3. Click on Webelement (The value to be select)

Code:
fnDivSelectList sDefaultValue,sValueToSelect

Function fnDivSelectList(sDefaultValue,sValue)
           '++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
' Function Description:  This function will   select the value from a list (Not Weblist ,but list under DIV  as a Webelement)
' Author : Pradeep
' Date : 26- Feb-2013
' Input parameter : Default value of List,Value to be select
' Output :  
' Remarks :
'++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Set  olistLabel=Browser("title:=.*").Page("title:=.*").WebElement("html tag:=LABEL","innertext:="&sDefaultValue)
    olistLabel.click

Set oListValue=Browser("title:=.*").Page("title:=.*").WebElement("html tag:=LI","class:=ui-selectonemenu-item.*","innertext:="& sValue)    
    oListValue.click

Set olistLabel=Nothing
    Set oListValue=Nothing

End Function
'*************************************************

It solved my problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to recognize objects in SilverLight application through QTP Guest877 1 2,507 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Manisha
  Business Components Parameterization YogeshCallappa 0 1,507 06-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  When trying to recognize the object in QTP, each object is recognized as “WinObject:S geetasarvadnya 2 3,465 10-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  UFT 12.50 unable to recognize child objects from a Dialog Class in Firefox jesusisaac 1 3,570 08-20-2015, 11:39 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Problem Firing events on Flex components endpoint 0 2,192 09-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Last Post: endpoint