Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 9.2 and Flash
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hello,

I have a web application that has the main page in Flash and then the rest in HTML . I am using QTP 9.2 to create record and playback scripts for this site .

But I notice that the main page does not show in my QTP active screen . If I ignore the first page my script runs fine .

Is there a way to record the flash main page also ?

Thanks
Sonia
Hi Sonia,

The flash page would be recognised without any problem because i am able to record objects in flash but only the thing is that the objects would be recognised by the co-ordinates and not by any class name like link,web button etc.I am using QTP 8.2.Only this is that,you ensure that you have ActiveX add-ins checked while starting QTP.
there is an article on QTP with Flash that might help you
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Thank you for the information . I shall order the flex addin so that I can integrate QTP with Flash

Sonia
Hi ,

Please note that Flex addin is only for Flex framework but it absolutely does not work for Flash developed by Flash professional . Adobe is not very clear and after trying this out myself I would not advise anyone to get Flex if they want to automate a Flash Page . Flex framework is very different and Adobe does not provide any support in migrating your flash page to Flex .

Again deepak you mentioned you were able to capture the Flash symbols , My page is a simple login page .. can you elaborate because when I try the record playback QTP stops and does not recognize the Page itself . If I could capture the page and login and password boxes that is all I need to do at this stage .

Thank you ,
Sonia
Deepak please elaborate on this . When I try the record from QTP it does not even recognize the Flash Page so I dont know how to proceed . My Flash page simply has Login and password after which I have HTML pages . I need to capture the Login and password in order to proceed .

Thanks
Sonia
use low level recording shud be fine as stated above
Hi,

Where do I specify low Level recording exactly . My Flash page is www.marchofdimes.org .

Thanks
Sonia

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP-Flash Wetable - Flex3.0.0 swetha.b 4 3,404 12-23-2012, 03:38 AM
Last Post: kamalteja
  Recovery Scenario with Flash bugrizm 0 1,829 09-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Last Post: bugrizm
  Flash Player application QTP can not able to detect buttons sathishvaleti 0 3,447 12-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Last Post: sathishvaleti
  Flash object Identification QTPian 0 1,987 08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Last Post: QTPian
Wink flash issue please Guide. chetan-24 1 1,854 12-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Last Post: nageshpv