Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Project Internal
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Niranjan you are rght we can go for Click and script technology protocal in LR .I need some details regardign the same please send me some details of you have any to write the script for performance3 testing
Dear Siri,

Its very late that I saw these posts today.
Its amazing that you are trying performance test using QTP. Keeping aside the ultimate outcome, it definitely makes you the best in QTP scripting.

I have a very good idea on Functional Decomposition Frame Work.

What frame work you are now using for this performance test..cld u pl. let me know.

Rekha
Hi Rekha ,
There is no such frame work i am using still can u send me the template for the frame work that you are using so that we can implement the same here
Where do you wrk
I am just a beginner in IT industry but have 10 yrs of exp in other fields (like I worked as officer- information in two big agriculture irrigation equipment manufacturing comapnies, worked as lacturer for 1 yr teaching solid state devices and circuit theory)

Now I am working in Medhassu e Solutions, Tarnaka, Hyderabad

Siri,
Template - no idea how it looks for other kind of frameworks...but coming to functional decomposition frame work, let me tell you the steps,

1. Understand the applications objectives
2. Analyse the requirements
4. Prepare the scenarios for testing (may not require also)
5. See where to implement automation
6. Identify the scenarios for automation
7. Identify where generic functions/ classes of codes can be used ( to which scenarios)
8. Identify which scenarios need special functions/ classes (lets call them as business function)
9. Now write generic codes for all generic functions / classes and save them in a Folder called 'Generic'
10. Now write code for all business functions / classes and save them in a Folder called 'Business'

11.Write executable code and save them in a seperate folder called 'Main'

12. Create a folder for log files - 'Log'

Note: all these are VB script and so save as .vbs

13.craete a folder for paths & environment variable and save them in folder 'Config'

14. No object repositery is required if you dont have digital signatures like things. Otherwise create a folder called 'OR'

Now using the executable (main) code call all the paths, environment variables, generic and business functions/ classes and run the script in QTP.

If it is not clear let me pl. know.

Rekha
ok then thats fien i will be working on these terms
do you have idea on preapring the automation test cases and test them through qtp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  500 SAP Internal Server Error Ansh123 4 10,067 05-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Ansh123
  How to choose Framework for a project AshokReddy 1 2,574 01-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Last Post: madhavanr
  Run a created project at a determinate time sitoalar 2 2,484 12-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Last Post: sitoalar
  How to Update QC Textcases project ID etc., using QTP vlusa01 0 2,640 05-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Last Post: vlusa01
  Project implementation in QTP vaishali.chitale@gmail.com 0 2,725 08-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Last Post: vaishali.chitale@gmail.com