Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Script execution on Remote Machine
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,

I came across a strange problem, while automating script. Please find the scenario as below.

Scenario: I want to automate the script in such a way that, I have two machines
Machine 1: with QTP and Application A running on it
Machine 2: without QTP and Application B

Note: Application A you have to follow a process which will send a msg to Application B, based on the status of msg Application B follows the process and upon completion send one acknowledgement msg to Application A. Application A and Application B can not open on same machine due to performance issues.
I want to automate the script in such a way, where I will execute the first part (related with Application A) on Machine 1 and then remotely login on to Machine 2 follow the remaining part of Application B on Machine 2. After that close the remote connection and again continue next part related Application A from Machine 1.
Restriction: I have only one QTP installed on Machine 1.
Problem:
1.How can we connect remotely on second machine and execute the script.
2.If we can connect somehow how to execute the steps from Machine 1 on Machine 2 as OR is on Machine 1.

Hoping for immediate response from you or other members.

Thanks
Rahul Garibe
Not Solved
No, it is not possible to do that.

QTP need to be installed on the Host into which you logged in remotely and going to execute the scripts.
Not Solved
Hey Sreekanth,

Could u please explain how to run the remote process.

How to connect both Machine A and Machine B and also what command is used to call the specified function from Machine B.

Thanks
Sushanth
Not Solved
1.- Create a vbs Script in Machine 2 that call App B
2.- QTP from Machine 1 call vbs Script on Machine 2
3.- QTP wait script From Machine 2 Finish
4.- QTP continue execution on Machine 1 with App A
Not Solved
Hi

The main purpose of remote launching of QTP is for QC automation tests.

However, its possible to take advantage of the remote agent from a non-qc source to do this. I haven't tried it myself, but will look at this more closely in the coming week or so.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to execute Remote Agent witout ALM? CharlieMadrid 0 1,057 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  Running UFT scripts on a remote machine with no UFT installed on the Remote machine anupam4j 0 2,800 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  Issues while uft script execution AAB 4 4,491 10-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Backup of QTP scripts and SOR from QC to Local machine. blazerrules 0 3,080 06-05-2014, 05:16 AM
Last Post: blazerrules
  QTP - VMWare execution from Local machine JoshiCM 0 2,975 04-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: JoshiCM