Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Step Generator recognizes just 'Page' object
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi

I'm using QTP 10 to automate a web application on IE 8 browser. I have recorded the scripts and its been working fine for past 3 months. But after the latest web application build update, none of the scripts are working. There are two version of same web application(almost 99% features & UI of both the version are same) where the old recorded scripts works perfectly fine in one version, whereas in other version it doesn't executes even a single line of the script.
When i use Object Spy, It always selects the whole page & displays its properties as "Page" instead of WebElement, WebButton etc. However, in the other version where the scripts execute fine, it recognizes the Web objects correctly as WebElement, WebButton etc.
The same issue persists even when i do step generator as it recognizes all the web objects in the web page as just 'Page' object.

I tried so many solutions like uninstalling QTP & re-installing again, enabling BHOManager add-on in IE and even re-installing IE 8, but still couldn't find any solution.
I would be very much thankful if someone could suggest me some solution.

Thanks in advance!!
Hussain
Hi,

I also faced the same issue some time ago, solution i opted is to close the browser restart the system and I could able to identify the objects on web page.

Please try this and let me know if it works.

Regards,
Sankalp
Hi Sankalp, thanx for ur suggestion. I tried everything but still dint had any success. Finally figured out that its a IE specific issue and got it working again by disabling all the addons in IE through script. Smile

SystemUtil.Run "iexplore.exe","-extoff "&url

Regards,
Hussain
That works for me.Thanks Hussain Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP does not record the first step of open filight reservation application. Blossoms 9 17,318 07-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Last Post: AJAJ
  step by step report shipu 0 2,053 08-06-2014, 02:21 AM
Last Post: shipu
  which is the final step of automation in QTP? Ramadas 6 3,509 10-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Sathiya
  QTP is not recording the first step of opening Flight reservation app srinanduri 2 2,967 08-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Post: srinanduri
  Cannot find the "[ WebButton ]" object's parent "[ Page ]" (class Page) sumitparolkar@gmail.com 4 4,770 05-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag