Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP crash during runtime.
Not Solved
Hi Team

I am currently working on a mainframe application automation .I am facing a peculiar issue after my system OS was changed from Win XP to Win 7.Previously while on WinXp machine I used descriptive programming to fetch child objetcs from the mainframe screen using the below code:

Code:
Set oDesc = Description.Create()
        oDesc("micclass").Value = "TeField"
        oDesc("text").Value = "NEW"
        Set ElementCollect = TeWindow("TeWindow").TeScreen("Q2").ChildObjects(oDesc)
        ElementCount = ElementCollect.Count()
        If (ElementCount <> 0) Then
          FieldCounter = 1
          Msgbox FieldCounter
        End If
Now basically the above code gets all the child objects from the mainframe screen which has "NEW" as the value of the text property.

Now the same code pops an error everytime I run it in the Win7 system.The error message is "QuickTest Professional has stopped working" : Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

The mainframe configuration as a prequisite has already been done well ahead.CAn anyone let me know as to what exactly is the problem and why the code fails at the line

Code:
Set ElementCollect = TeWindow("TeWindow").TeScreen("Q2").ChildObjects(oDesc)
Kindly reply if anyone has faced such an issue.
Not Solved
Please ensure to include your code between [code] tags while asking or replying to questions. I have done this for you for this time.
Not Solved
Please check if UAC is off or not.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
because of the qtp 10 does not support windows 7 you have to install patch for that. Due to that it may be crashing during runtime and it is not the problem with script

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Dev Express (15.2) application crash issue with UFT 14.0 Manoj Surela 0 1,281 11-26-2018, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Manoj Surela
  UFT 12.53 crash ronis 0 816 09-26-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: ronis
  Need tips on debugging a .NET crash Jeff Andrews 0 1,717 04-28-2016, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Jeff Andrews
Exclamation UFT 11.5 Crash at createObject("Quicktest.application") VarunKaushik 0 2,876 09-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Last Post: VarunKaushik
Cool ntdll.dll crash problem with UFT 11.5 Application in Windows Server 08 gangadhar 1 4,434 06-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: vinod123