Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP does recognize object
Solved: 9 Years, 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi,

The subject of the thead might be very often used, but the issue i have is, i test a web application and during entering a filed it has a lookup button that is a mandotory to select. When i click on the lookup search button, it open in a new search window, where i need to enter the name but QTP doest recognize it. I have tried several different ways. Added all the object properties from object spy, from object identification and did all the possible things that i can. When i highlight the object property added from the spy, it shows correctly. But when it is time to run the script, not once it worked. I cant see whats the problem?

Can any one think of any different way?

Thank you.
Which is version of the QTP and Browser are you using so i can proceed further to solve your problem
Hi Vinod,

I am using QTP v11 and IE v8.
Ok i will solve the problem as early as possible
chadadus, Kindly post your code once.

By highlight, do you mean highligting via OR or Code?
Did you object spy on the object and go the properties. If you got it use the Descriptive programming concept for the above problem and if you can send me the screenshot for which you want the code i will solve this problem and send u the code
Thank you Response, i did the object spy as well. But there was x coordinate that was changing all the time, deleting it works fine and now it recognises the object.

Thank you for ur time.
In the properties for the window there was a x cordinate that was changing every time. Removing that solved the issue.

Thank you Vinod.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to recognize objects in SilverLight application through QTP Guest877 1 2,495 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Manisha
  When trying to recognize the object in QTP, each object is recognized as “WinObject:S geetasarvadnya 2 3,458 10-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP 11 and IE9 64bit on Win7&SP1 64bit, QTP does not recognize objects in website jpalos 4 8,542 08-27-2014, 10:11 AM
  QTP 11 is unable to recognize prime faces components ,for ex: List and radio butt pradeep singh 8 6,660 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Last Post: pradeep singh
  QTP 10.0 not able to recognize objects ptnaidu 2 3,758 08-21-2012, 05:25 PM