Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP doesn't identify C# objects OR interrupts windows messages?
Not Solved
Hi all, first post.

In the company I work at we have a product that used to run QTP with no issues at all, until a major version upgrade was made. That's where the issues started occurring.

What changed:
The login procedure used to be a separate .exe file that returned an exit code to the main .exe file.

In the new version, the login is simply a window inside the main .exe file, and the login process communicates with the main process using windows messages.

The issues (a bit complex):

1) While QTP is in the background, and its 'Record and Run Settings' are set to 'Record and run test on any open Windows-based application' -> On the one hand, all objects are identified properly (as C# SWF objects). On the other hand, for some reason the username that is received from login arrives as null (seems that, with these settings, QTP somehow "blocks" or "steals" the WINMSG)

2) While QTP is in the background, and its 'Record and Run Settings' are set to 'Record and run only on: Applications opened by QuickTest, Applications opened via the Desktop (by the Windows shell)' -> On the one hand, all objects are identified improperly (as WinObjects instead of SWF objects). On the other hand, the username that is received from login arrives properly.

I turn to you because, frankly, I'm a bit desperate. I've tried every solution that I could find suggested out there on the web. Nothing worked.

Please, I would gladly accept any suggestion.

I am working on QTP v10.0, on WinXP SP3 English.

Thanks in advance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT doesn't recognize SAP objects when it's openned by portal DevRenanGaspar 0 2,338 09-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Last Post: DevRenanGaspar
  UFT 12 doesn't recording at Chrome igord 1 3,461 11-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Unable to identify objects for Python based application manu.sharma7 0 2,422 05-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: manu.sharma7
  WebServices addin doesn't support .wcf/.svc jyotikrushna 0 2,886 07-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Last Post: jyotikrushna
  QTP not identifying the Windows objects Tinu 9 9,067 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Last Post: anushachanda