Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP not identifying the Windows objects
Not Solved
The application is developed in C. When i am trying to record this application, its not identifying many of the objects like Combo box, list box, etc. For all the combo box in the frame, the properties is same when QTP is used. Only position differs(which i cant use for my scripting). So, i tried with the virtual objects, but i wasnt successfull. Is there any other way to identify these specific C objects?
Not Solved
Hi,

I think you can go for descriptive programming.
Not Solved
Thank You Rajesh. But for descriptive programming also, there should be a unique property so that the object can be identified. But in this scenario, all the objects in the frame has the same property. So how can we go for the descriptive programming also? Can anyone plz suggest a solution?
Not Solved
hmmm... interesting... Have you tried using "index" or "location" ordinal identiifer?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,
Thanks for the reply. We tried with Object Identification. We tried to map the customized C object into standard Windows object. Still its not recognizing the objects uniquely.
Not Solved
you didn't reply to my previous question!
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,
Sorry. ya, i tried with location ordinal identifer. But its not fully successful. I set the ordinal identifier. After that i used the object spy on objects. When i am using the object spy, for the first object, its showing all the proper properties. But when i move the object spy to other object, again the previous scenario appears( same properties for all the objects). I am getting confused.
Not Solved
If all the objects are identifying uniquely then you can go for discriptive programming with the help of index.
for example

Consider the HTML code given below

Code:
<INPUT type=”textbox” name=”txt_Name”>
<INPUT type=”textbox” name=”txt_Name”>

Now the html code has two objects with same description. So distinguish between these 2 objects we will use the “index” property. Here is the description for both the object

Code:
For 1st textbox:
    obj_Desc(“html tag”).value= “INPUT”
obj_Desc(“name”).value= “txt_Name”
obj_Desc(“index”).value= “0”

For 2nd textbox:
    obj_Desc(“html tag”).value= “INPUT”
obj_Desc(“name”).value= “txt_Name”
obj_Desc(“index”).value= “1”

If you go through the Descriptive programming fully i think you might get some new ideas.
I am also a begineer so my apologies if I said some thing wrong.
Not Solved
Hello Rajesh,

Its Ok for HTML applications. But my application is developed in C for which the object doesnt hav any unique properties. In that case, how will the descreptive programming will help?
Not Solved
Hi,
I am facing the same issue, there are no unique properties to go with the descriptive programming . Record and Playback option is also not working . Can anyone suggest if there is anyother possible way for this.
Thank you,
Anusha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Facing a problem while identifying Angular JS objects in a web page vangasantosh 0 1,104 12-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: vangasantosh
  UFT 11.53 not identifying VB objects wrapped in activeX controls jainrash 0 2,466 07-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Last Post: jainrash
  QTP Flex plug-in not identifying custom objects kamalteja 0 2,703 10-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Last Post: kamalteja
  QTP doesn't identify C# objects OR interrupts windows messages? Nom1fan 0 2,429 09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Nom1fan
  QTP 11 not identifying web objects using string based DP ankit5815 1 3,276 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Last Post: sshukla12