Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP for TIBCO/GI based application
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

We are trying to automate a web application which is developed on TIBCO General Interface.All the objects in the application are getting recognized as WebElement.Please let us know if any add-in is required for recognizing the objects.Here we are using QTP9.5 version.

Thanks In Advance,
Monika
QTP should work for a web application. Can you check that you have opened your application after opening QTP?
also check the web Addin is properly loaded.

QTP is working,but it is capturing all the objects as WebElements.Also we have opened our application after opening QTP.
Hi,

Can you try executing 'SettingNewBrowserControlApplication.exe' file.

You will find it at the below mentioned location.

C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin\SettingNewBrowserControlApplication.exe
Hi Tarik,
the utility you have mentioned is for adding browser functionality to non-Web application. It registers to identify the browser control used in a particular application. This is not to register web objects, so it will not work in this case.
Monika - can you please take a spy of your control and attach the snapshots here?

Hi,
Oh. Ok. I guess in that case a screenshot will be helpful.
I just tried to spy on a page developed with Tibco, QTP identifies some objects like webCheckbox, webedits, images..
but it identifies as webelement for all custom controls (i guess), saying class as jsx30...
I dont think there is any add-in available for these controls now. So you will have to work with the current identified only, firing the proper event required.
also you can try Web extensibility to make QTP identify these controls.

You may raise a case at HP for this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question QTP not performing iterations based on local data sheet Breaker 18 55,236 01-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: arunshuklainbox
  QTP 11 with VB5 based application Fairbanks 1 1,832 04-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  QTP 9.0 supports WPF based .NET desktop application. nagarajkv 1 2,519 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar
  add-in for metastrom based application. sambu240 0 1,691 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Last Post: sambu240
  Does QTP support automation of QT based GUI application? Anubha Tiwari 0 3,012 01-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Anubha Tiwari