Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP is not identifying the application which is in Citrix
Not Solved
Hi,

We have to automate a couple of applications one of which is a VB-Windows application. We are accessinng this application and QTP 9.2 through Citrix. However QTP is not identifying this application at all. Trying to spy on this application shows nothing in the spy window. The 'Hand' cursor itself turns into an arrow pointer when I place the cursor on the application.

I have even tried opening QTP first and then the application but still no luck. I have the following add-ins loaded: Visual Basic, Web, .NET

Please let us know what could be the problem or if we are missing something. Any help is highly appreciated.

Please note that we do not have this problem with the web applications or even the general folder windows on Citrix.

Thanks,
Pavan
Not Solved
While using citrix, make sure you have both QTP and application installed on the same machine and should run within the same session... also you need to have concurrent license of QTP to work under citrix environment.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
@Ankur - Thanks for the response. we do have QTP and the application on the same server. I'm not sure about the session part. Will check my administrator and get back on this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP Flex plug-in not identifying custom objects kamalteja 0 2,711 10-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Last Post: kamalteja
  QTP not identifying the Windows objects Tinu 9 9,088 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Last Post: anushachanda
  QTP 11 not identifying web objects using string based DP ankit5815 1 3,279 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  QTP 10 is identifying the browser as Window hershy 3 4,505 01-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Web+Citrix script using QTP. santoshkumark 0 2,094 12-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Last Post: santoshkumark