Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP is not recognising download pop-up
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I recorded steps for downloading and ran the script, but it is giving warning message stating:
"Cannot find the "Cancel" object's parent "File Download" (class Dialog). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application."

Note: I clicked on the "cancel button" on the download pop-up.

I tried the setting given in the forum in object identification but result remains the same. Please help me.
It looks like there could be few properties changing for the pop up window during every run.Check for the property that is changing and you may use regular expression for that particular property.
Thank You Ravi,

But please explain me more clearly because I m using QTP for the first time. How can I check properties of pop-ups. I tried it many times by recording different downloads, same problem occurs when I tried to upload bulk users by means of excel sheet beacause we get same type of pop-up there.

Thanks
Please use object spy to obtain the properties of pop up dialog box.Check whether the properties that are there in object repository match with that of spy.
To use Object Spy
1. Go to Tools->Object spy.
2. One window named Object Spy will open
3. Then open the application whose object properties or methods you want to see.
4. Then just click on “Pointer image” of object spy window.
5. Click on Object whose object properties or methods you want to see.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I download every patch in order to UFT recognize the Chrome and FireFox browse jesusisaac 6 4,981 08-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  SAP GUI gets hanged while closing the Windows Pop Up kathirvelnagaraj 0 5,320 10-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Last Post: kathirvelnagaraj
Rolleyes QTP pop up window handling piyush8793 3 16,399 10-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Venkateswarluponna
Exclamation Login & logout in Siebel and clicking pop-up button yuetling926 7 10,697 07-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Last Post: hhamilton
  select a date from pop-up calendar Dertjon 1 5,585 05-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Ankur