Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP not detecting object types with business components
Not Solved
Hello all
First the generic apology, i have very little experience with QTP, so bare with me.

I have a problem with QTP not correctly identifying my objects.

I am working with scripted components in QTP11. I have an application area set up with all the exe files and DLL files that are used by the application.

My problem is that when i use the object repository add object function, it adds the main windows of my application correctly as .net swf windows and WPF windows (and objects) respectively.
However, when i try to add certain popups, such as the logon and logoff screens, which are not part of the main exe file, they are registered as generic windows and winobjects instead of .net(As they should be).

The funny thing is that this used to work with QTP10, where i did a proof of concept of the exact same program with the same windows. Back then everything was correctly identified. But then we upgraded to QTP11 and now i cant identify the windows anymore. And when i try to run the old tests, QTP says it can't recognize the windows in question.

I have added both the exe and dll files that contains these popups to the application area i am working on, but no luck.

Is there any way i can get an application area to record these windows components correctly? Am i missing an option somewhere?

Edit: I should proberbly mention that i have also moved from winxp x32 to win7 x64 when i changed QTP versions.
Not Solved
Has anyone else had this problem with popup windows?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can UFT Handle Detecting Redirects? zunebuggy 0 772 05-28-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Business Components Parameterization YogeshCallappa 0 1,502 06-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  Does QTP / UFT Support Business Intelligence (qlikview). If Yes to what extent?? Kalyan1984 0 2,910 05-14-2015, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Kalyan1984
  Object Spy not detecting items in C ICL AndyBSG 5 3,986 11-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Last Post: AndyBSG
  Problem Firing events on Flex components endpoint 0 2,191 09-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Last Post: endpoint