Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QTP not recognizing windows pop-up
Not Solved
Hi guys,

Im currently automating a siebel product. During one step a windows pop up message appears, but when faced with this message QTP freezes and does nothing. The run doesnt fail...it just waits at the line of code that says to click on the dialog box. It seems like qtp is not recognizing the pop up for some reason, but the windows dialog box is present in the object repository and i cant see any reason why it wouldnt recognize the pop up.

Can anyone help?

Brian
Not Solved
I wrote a post on pop up window not recognized with QTP sometime back, Did that help you?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Thanks Ankur,
i tried the following -

1) Identify the parent object class.
2) Got to Tools > Object identification.
3) Select Environment.
4) Select Test Object Class as identified in 1) above.
5) Go to mandatory properties.
6) Click on Add/Remove.
7) Select "visible" property.
8) Record the part of your application again.
9) Now QTP should be able to identify the pop-up window.

but still have the same issue. QTP just hangs at the line of code before trying to execute the pop up window code. Is there anything else that might be causing this problem?

Cheers,
Brian
Not Solved

Hi Ankur/Brian,
I Have same Issue with QTP, How to Resolve this,I have Tried with Visible property but with no luck.please reply this as soon as possible.
Hi Brian,
Did you Fixed this Issue,please post the peace of code.
Hi Brain/Ankur,
I am also facing Same issue,Please post the peace of Code which fixes this issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP not recognizing date calendar kQTPs 1 3,443 12-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: harikrishna
  SAP GUI gets hanged while closing the Windows Pop Up kathirvelnagaraj 0 5,317 10-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Last Post: kathirvelnagaraj
Rolleyes QTP pop up window handling piyush8793 3 16,393 10-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Venkateswarluponna
Exclamation Login & logout in Siebel and clicking pop-up button yuetling926 7 10,692 07-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Last Post: hhamilton
  QTP 11 not recognizing WPF objects in Windows 7 32 bit system Pallavi 1 3,292 06-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Last Post: vinod123