Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP - windows 'File Save' Dialog not visible
Not Solved
Hi all,

On recording a particular Web application with QTP,Have came across a problem for which I havent found a solution so far..

The script of importance is as follows:

Code:
Browser("Personalized Start Page").Page("XYZ").Frame("mainFrame_4").Link("address.csv").Click
Browser("Personalized Start Page").Page("XYZ").Sync
Dialog("0% of dms.php from XYZ-").Dialog("File Download").WinButton("Save").Click

My problem is that on recording the application with QTP and clicking the "address.csv" link another browser window comes up temporarily followed by the Windows "FileSave" dialog.The browser window which came up closes down when the Windows "FileSave" dialog is visible and I save the file to a windows location.

On the "Record and Run" settings under Qtp,have activated settings for web and windows applications.

But when I run this recorded script,and after the "address.csv" click,The browser window comes up and goes down,No Windows "FileSave" dialog comes up and the QTP shows the error Dialog("0% of dms.php from XYZ-") object is not found,though this object is there in the repository.

Have tried putting the Dialog("0% of dms.php from XYZ-").Exist property.But the "Exist" property is not recognised by the dialog at all.

Any help in this direction is appreciated..

Thanks in advance
J
Not Solved
Can you try putting wait(2) statement between browser and dialog navigation?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi ankur,

Tried it as written below.No sucess.No dialogs come up and qtp shows an error message "Dialog("0% of dms.php from www.orange-")" not there.

Code:
Browser("Personalized Start Page").Page("Orange Shareserve 3.6").Frame("mainFrame_4").Link("address.csv").Click
Browser("Personalized Start Page").Page("Orange Shareserve 3.6").Sync
wait(2)
Dialog("0% of dms.php from www.orange-").Dialog("File Download").WinButton("Save").Click

Have observed another thing.Please see attached image.
While recording this application,after I get the "FileDownload" dialog ,and If i move this dialog I could see the other "
Dialog("0% of dms.php from www.orange-")" just behind it....

Could that be the problem....

Waiting for your Reply

Thanks
J

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Have added required Add-Ins?

Try the same code with descriptive program

Let me knw the result.

Regards
Raj
Not Solved
I even found that removing all the dialog related code after the following statements doesnt bring up the dialog.

Code:
Browser("Personalized Start Page").Page("Orange Shareserve 3.6").Frame("mainFrame_4").Link("address.csv").Click

The dialog as in script is Dialog("0% of dms.php from www.orange-").
But if one look at the dialog name in the image,the name is much longer than what is there in the script...

Just some observations
Not Solved
Ankur,Thanks for your time.
Eventually the dialog was visible when I added additional properties to the dialog like title,Name etc...

Thanks
Jen
Not Solved
Jennifer, I am not able to get this done at my end even if i add additional properties. Would be helpful if you could detail it out. For me the explorer is not staying at all.
Thanks in advance.
Viren
Not Solved
Viren, Jennifer,

Even I have tried various suggested techniques, like descriptive programming, Virtual objects, adding more properties to the Dailog, but none of them worked. The second browser is not staying open, and QTP fails on the Browser(B).Dialog(File Download).WinButton(Save).Click line.
Have you found a solution to this problem, and if so how did you do it?

Ajay

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exist and Visible Are True When Objects Aren't There - Is there A Better Way? zunebuggy 3 2,741 04-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  [UFT] [WPF] DataGrid: check if vertical and horizontal scrollbars are visible robertosalemi 0 2,260 07-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Extract and save a file from zip folder using VB Script karthicksri07 1 6,197 06-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Intermitent "Object not visible" error erodpr 5 3,288 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vinod123
Shy 5 Save button QTP Qtpnew 1 2,233 09-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Last Post: supputuri